Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Doll musings VI + AN previews

One last update before Anime North :) It's the only con I think that's worth going all-out for and it only happens once a year so I have to say, I'm quite excited! And nervous.

But before I get to the previews, some doll updates/ranting: A couple months ago my Soom MD Phonolus arrived and I've yet to do much with him, but last month I finally sent off his human head for a new faceup since I couldn't stand Soom's LE default one anymore. (I sent him to the same faceup artist that painted my BlueFairy Louis) He came back to me today but sadly... the wig I got for him does not look right. So, back to the drawing board for me. OTL;; Looks like it'll be a while before I actually get him completed to show! -_-

I almost got thrown off my supposed doll plan of no more than 2 MSD sized dolls thanks to Soom's new Elcubi releases! Apparently they're Elves + Incubus/Succubi?! I really love Goss' fullset look (except for the hooves)! Doesn't he look like a more grown up, brattier version of Myles?!

Speaking of Myles--he's been out of the spotlight recently, which is strange. But I am taking both him and Yukio to AN with me so more photobombing awaits ;)

On to a preview of what I will be selling at Doll North: I made some random froggie lollipops from some extra green clay I had

I feel like I should have made a whole zoo of animal lollies, haha xD

Also made some little wooden name tags (the tinies are wearing theirs already)
Originally I wanted them to look like those fancy gold plaque name tags lol...cause I'm going with a little cafe/patisserie theme for the table at Doll North (since I'm mostly selling cakes and sweets stuff) but I had no idea how to make that so I improvised with some thin wood instead. Somehow they turned out all cutesy-looking!! D:


I posted this on my tumblr already but here are the cakes I have. They are for 1/4 scale dolls since they look a little on the small side for 1/3 scale dolls. In the end, I think I just ran out of motivation or my brain was fried from all this because I couldn't think of a way to decorate the 1/3 scale cake I had. So I left it blank. T__T I will be taking commissions so I guess that will be a sample for what I can offer.


Lastly, I haven't drawn in a very long time but I doodled this chibi of Kaede for a sign I made. I should stare closely at refs next time because he looks a little off...but ah well. I had to Photoshop on the kirakira sparkles and rosy bishounen aura...I'm sorry, I couldn't resist! XD I'm getting Tamaki-from-OuranHostClub vibes!!! >o<

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and talking to friends I haven't seen in a long time! I will have lots of Katamari cousins with me at my CC table so please drop by if you are going to AN! :D

Thank you so much for following me as I update for this event!! See you soon ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh! The lolly and cakes looks awesome! I envy you for knowing how to make those! XD That was a near scare with Goss though haha. I'll also be eagerly looking forward to Myles's photobombing!

    ReplyDelete