Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Interesting Title Goes Here

My life currently revolves around working, prepping for upcoming cons, and checking everyday to see if a certain AU Shingeki no Kyojin fanfiction I'm following has updated... seriously. o__o"

Aside from that, I recently finished a request to make wedding cake toppers for my cousin's upcoming wedding. They wanted me to make a pair of birds like these.  At first I thought, "yeah sure, those look simple enough" but boy, was I ever wrong! Now I know why they cost so much! But it wasn't even about that--the fact is, copying a pre-existing figure has never been one of my strong points. I can't even copy photographs in drawings and make them look super realistic. It's like my mind rejects copying...lol. I suppose I didn't want them to look 100% like the photo because then, my cousin could've just bought the ones on Etsy instead...I am not even sure if they're even satisfied with these but at this point I don't care, to be perfectly honest. ^_^" It was a big weight lifted off my shoulders when I finally finished these and I'm pleased with how they turned out for the most part.
 
Of course for this project, I turned to my favourite paper clay, La Doll Premier...which I had used for my 1/6 scale masks. The light weight, stone-like matte finish was perfect. Painting was the most fun part, sanding was the worst. I screwed up the shape of one of the birds, but luckily I had enough clay left to make another one. But...sadly this means I have no more clay left for other projects... >__< ...Oh and in the end, I cheated and molded a wooden disc onto the bottoms so they could stand better. :)


On another note, I really wish I had a nice place to do all my crafts. Maybe then I would be more encouraged to take work-in-progress photos and show off my nice workspace like some bloggers and be all "here--this beautiful place is where this item was born, etc etc" but nope, I work on an old, wobbly dining room table with an ugly, cheap tablecloth thrown over it. Yup. Reality.

I keep my clay/jewelry space separate from my sewing stuff (I sew in my room now) because I'm just that paranoid and want to keep as much dust as I possibly can away from the clay. @__@ Despite this, I thought it would be nice to take a photo of the explosion of sugary pastel things I'd been making anyway. I really love fairy kei fashion and cute sugary things...even though I rarely (if ever) wear the fashion myself (I'm slowly building my wardrobe, okay? >__<) I will have a few new jewelry items for sale at Atomic Lollipop this weekend and will be spamming my DeviantArt and tumblr with the new things I will be bringing, so stay tuned!~

At first I was super paranoid/worried about Atomic Lollipop because I felt like I was being left in the dark--but I finally got an e-mail about sign in procedures (I guess I'm the only one who likes to have notice of things like this well beforehand...but they weren't replying my e-mails to begin with either) and I'm quite excited for this event! ^_^ I will be sure to post about the full details once I return. To all those going, I will meet you there in the Artist Alley! :) I won't be in cosplay because I decided at the last minute and won't be able to get my gear in time, but hopefully I'll be in lolita! Until then, see you soon~

4 comments:

  1. I love those birds! I think I even prefer your style ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Those birds are simply gorgeous! So pretty! ♥_♥

    ReplyDelete