Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Haikyuu!! Desktop Figures

Hi all~ I'm back from my visit to Montreal for Otakuthon, but before that...I decided to do a blog post and sort of review the Haikyuu Desktop Figures I ordered from Hobby Link Japan. The release date was near the end of July (I think I pre-ordered around April/May) and they arrived to me via SAL in mid-August.

I had talked about Haikyuu in a post about new anime before so I will spare you the details, but I highly recommend those that like sports anime to read the manga and watch the anime. It's slowly becoming my favourite thing because I love the art, the friendships, the characters, and the shipping possibilities... xD

Anyway I guess I didn't pay too much attention to the fact that they were gachapon... which meant they came in these little capsules. I thought they would be figurines and bigger since you put them on your desk. Each character has a specific use, so I thought: cute and functional, why not??? The set had all my favourite characters too (well, minus Suga...who is my favourite favourite)

















 I thought I would get all the characters this time since I had good luck with my Kuroko no Basuke gacha before but apparently not... The colours indicated pretty much which characters I got: 4 Hinata, 3 Kageyama, 2 Oikawa and 1 Kuroo. I'm so sad I didn't get any Nishinoya or Kenma...T_T!!! Hinata is my least favourite... so I decided to give him away to any HQ cosplayers I saw at Otakuthon instead.

They were super tiny... but really cute. Because they were so small, they weren't as functional as I thought. My iPod headphone cord was way too thick to wrap around Kageyama's little body without unraveling and my phone is actually way too heavy to be supported by tiny Hinata!!

They came with these plastic white discs so you can display them too. Not sure if it's just me but I had a hard time putting them in the little stands and making sure that they stayed put, especially Kuroo. But they're all so cute. Kageyama's pose has got to be my favourite. (Aside from Nishinoya's... but I didn't get him, so...)

















 I suppose Oikawa is the most useful as manga place marker/bookmark but then again I don't have time to read very often so he's put on display in my manga shelf instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment