Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Evergreen Brick Works Farmer's Market

A few Saturdays ago, we were looking for something to do on a dreary January. We ended up going to Evergeen Brick Works to check out their Farmer's Market. It was quiet (which was good for finding parking I guess) but there were still decent amounts of visitors. I can only imagine how busy it'd be during the holiday peak season. But I'd still come back again during that time as an alternative to the over-hyped Christmas market in the Distillery District down town... we had to pay for parking but it was free to explore the area here.


I could still feel the Christmas vibes here..lol. There was a nice fire going on in the back and heat stations in the food truck area so it was nice.


Food area. Quite a few cuisines to choose from but not all of them were popular. I also must note, this place is quite family and dog friendly!


I didn't take that many photos... but there's a garden shop and another food place indoors beside it. Also another indoor food market that we missed because they packed up around 3pm. There's also an indoor-ish skating area.


We ended up ordering some comfort food from Heirloom food truck because it was the most popular place and they had more interesting food options. I guess there would be more food trucks during the busier days. I had the pork belly banh mi which was pretty good and we shared the duck confit poutine. I enjoyed the poutine, it had a lot of steaming gravy which melted all the cheese curds. There's nothing that ruins poutine for me except for cold, unmelted cheese curds.


We spent some time exploring the Brick Works, the kilns where they used to fire the bricks, and the open space behind the market. There's a little man-made pond and the trails look nice for hiking. I wasn't dressed appropriately to do much hiking but it's a really serene and lovely place during the off season at this time of year. I definitely want to come back to walk in the area a bit more.

Until next time~~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment