I had never been to the King Edward before but heard about their tea service so I was excited to go. Apparently they renovated... the foyer/entrance hall looked so grand. All those big chess pieces and shiny floors and plush purple couches in the center! If only I knew... I would have worn a chess-themed coordinate!! Not that I really had one... (Chess Story's L'histoire de checs isn't as regal and chess-themed as others out there..)
The tea room was easy enough to find and they had a complementary coat check service as well which was really nice.
The atmosphere was very pleasant and relaxing, service was prompt, friendly and very attentive.
We had their "Spring Tea" sets. Includes tea, sandwiches, scones and desserts.
We started things off with a green pea puree shooter. It was interesting... but not bad.
Next was a collection of finger sandwiches. I was too hungry to pay attention to what each of them were but I think there was one with smoked salmon, cucumber and avocado, egg salad and tuna and a lamb one. Overall your pretty average high tea sandwiches.
The dessert & scone tiers came next. A lovely assortment of scones and small cakes. It ended up being quite a bit of food so I took one scone and two desserts home. The sweets were ok, my favourite was the chewy meringue nest. I wish I could've had another! The macaron was also not bad in my opinion. The scones were really buttery.
Photo-taking frenzy. Halfway through our meal the chef came by to greet us, let us know more about the tea and asked what the occasion was. No occasion..just being fancy for the sake of being fancy, hahah!
Afterwards, we re-located somewhere else to take some photos. There was a smaller room close by with lounge chairs, book shelves and a mirror which was the perfect backdrop, and plus it was located away from main areas of the hotel so we didn't attract any attention from regular hotel guests.
There was a wooden chess board too if you were looking to kill some time by playing a game of chess. xD

Lastly, a group photo (which I stole from Kim since mine for some reason turned out all blurry..)! Thanks for another pleasant high tea experience you fancy ladies!!

No comments:
Post a Comment