I was already working on some Katamari charms and earrings since people seemed to like them when I made them back in 2013/2014 and I felt like making them again! It's funny how they get good feedback online and I get asked if I sell them, etc. but when I actually put them up for sale, no one buys them, haha. Probably because of the price. I realized through other artist friends that I apparently charge way too little for my works (I've always been terrible at pricing my own art though). The Miso charms are new because I wanted to experiment with resin some more. I poured resin inside the "bowl" head and dropped polymer clay bits of tofu and nori into it to make it look as realistic as possible. The hardest part was getting the bowl head to be symmetrical. I also re-made the Prince charms with thicker legs and used coloured clay instead of painting everything so I think they look a lot better and it saves the painting time too!
My last minute Halloween mini accessory collection that I uploaded to Etsy way too late because I didn't have proper sunlight and had to re-take all my photos again... and also with the Canada Post striking again, I'm sure these will be in stock for 2019 too lol.
Some closeups of the ghost popsicle charms. White Sculpey III is so difficult to keep clean and dust free in my room. But overall I'm quite happy with how they came out!!
Lastly, some more buns. I re-made some from earlier this year and also made some new ones inspired by the mochi donuts at Isabella's that I visited in the summertime. I'm really happy with how these turned out! This is as close to mass production as I can be (which is pretty sad, how do other artists do it??!)
Everything in this post was glazed with the gloss varnish that I blogged about in my last post and so far it's holding up really well! Doesn't get tacky or anything and it's super shiny. So far so good! The weather is finally starting to cool down so the air is getting drier, which works in my favour. Time to continue on crafting!


No comments:
Post a Comment