Pages

Monday, June 10, 2024

Kdrama Watching

I managed to watch some kdramas recently and I'm going to continue the trend of blogging about my opinion of them here! 

Perfect Marriage Revenge
I don't quite remember how I started watching this series but I found out later that it's based off of a webtoon series, which I subsequently went and read and finished after the series ended cause it only went up to 12 episodes, way shorter than the usual 16 episode length for kdramas. Overall this drama was just average. The story is more or less following the webtoon however some events/dialogues are a bit different. After watching the drama, I think I prefer the webtoon because the ending felt more wholesome and complete. Although it still doesn't go into detail about what happens to the antagonists. I mainly watched it because I love revenge type dramas (Penthouse, anyone???) and the actress who played Yoo Ra was also in Penthouse, so that was fun to watch... seeing them all get what they deserve! I'm not familiar with the main female lead though so I'm gonna say her acting was a bit flat and I didn't really feel sorry for her that much... In the drama they end up with one kid, but in the webtoon they have twin boys and a daughter and the art was super cute, so definitely read the webtoon!

Queen of Tears
This was a super popular one that aired recently and it was written by the same person who did Crash Landing On You, one of my favourite kdramas... so I had high expectations. And although I'm not a fan of Kim Soo Hyun so much, I do love his acting and I really loved Kim Ji Won in Descendants of the Sun. She definitely did a great job here and I loved seeing these two together. This drama started out really well but up until episode 10 or so in the middle, it started dragging on and the plot kind of stalled. I never really liked the whole amnesia/terminal illness trope in dramas, those are just not the type of kdramas I like to watch so I felt it was kind of forced. As well, the motive of the villains/antagonists of this show was very poorly thought out. It kind of didn't make sense. And the main bad guy... he got shot the same way that the main villain got shot in CLOY. He didn't even get to suffer and got the easy way out?! I didn't like that. But in the end it was a happy ending but the latter half of the drama was a little lacking, whereas CLOY was interesting up to the very end.

The Glory
Lastly, I watched The Glory since my mom recommended it. And if you've ever been bullied (luckily I can't say that I have) then this is the show for you! The ultimate revenge drama. Every episode left me on the edge of my seat. Song Hye Kyo was amazing of course, her acting style really suited her character in this show. The pace of this show was great and much better than Queen Of Tears... it's not really a romance drama so the romance that was in this show felt a little forced and I felt that it wasn't really needed in order to be a good show. The characters are each very interesting and it's so satisfying to see them get what they deserved. The actor who played the bad guy in Queen Of Tears also played a bully in this show so it was satisfying to see he got what he deserved too, although out of all the other characters, I felt that he too also got a somewhat easy way out. Not as easy as being shot to death in Queen Of Tears, though. There are two seasons and the second season is a direct continuation of the first. Overall a very good show and definitely a must watch!

And that concludes this post... until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment