Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2025

Lolita Wardrobe Post! 2024/2025

Happy New Year everyone! Time to strike while the irons hot and get this post out of the way first! Although my January is looking pretty empty right now and I don't think I'll have anything to post other than this... Here's an updated shot of my closet from earlier last year (taken with my then new phone so everything fits compared to my 2023 post):

It's been 10 years (!!!) since my very first lolita wardrobe post and I can't believe how far I've come!! I'm glad to see I still have the majority of my main pieces with me.

I skipped my wardrobe post last year but I did actually end up adding a few main pieces:

First up is this yellow Baby doll JSK from Baby, the Stars Shine Bright. I'm not an old school lolita but I guess I follow a lot of those who are on Instagram and I got influenced! Although this is technically my second non-print piece from BtSSB. And I've yet to wear either of them... I need to get on that. Something about this yellow color really spoke to me. I was tempted by the Hawase Doll set that was recently rereleased but I can't justify the price anymore. Kinda hurts when I look up how much things used to cost on Lolibrary...

Then I hopped on AP's Lyrical Bunny backpack MTO mostly due to FOMO because old me would never pay that much for a plushie bag that only holds dreams and I'm not really a huge fan of Lyrical Bunny (although I kinda regret not getting on the Toy Parade MTO) but these were being scalped so bad I thought, why not?? I'm all for MTOs! Especially if it's an older release. Why pay scalpers for old, stained clothes when you can have it new? (You just have to be really, really patient though cause AP's MTOs can take a year or more...)
The bag is super cute in person, so no regrets there! Plus I have Lyrical Bunny ears to match already! Can't wait to take her out, but she also looks really cute on display too.

Next up, Angelic Pretty Be My Valentine JSK in pink. I was never able to get this in the past since it always sold out whenever AP released it. Luckily my SS was able to get my first choice (I used Tenshi this time during the rerelease, better luck than Japonica imo)! I really wanted a Valentine's Day themed dress and I'm missing a red / pink colored dress in my closet so this one fit the bill. The print is gorgeous but I can't say the same about the fabric. The polyester is sooooo thin, thinner than any other polyester AP dress I own. It feels cheap. I wonder if the older releases of this dress feel the same or if AP is really cheaping out...

I also managed to find one of my wishlist dresses, AP's Girls Heart JSK in sax blue secondhand. It has some damage (I couldn't find it though) and has a tiny bit of a worn feeling but overall looks in great condition for its age. I specifically wanted this colorway and I'm surprised I managed to find it! The velvet flocking is absolutely gorgeous but the tag says I should NOT be washing with water... (Oops, I washed my Holy Lantern JSK many times and it turned out fine)... The flocking overlay does look super delicate though, more than the velvet on Holy Lantern, and it's white so probably picks up more dust. Overall this dress gives off such an airy angelic vibe and can be worn casually too. Somehow it's adding to my collection of long sax blue dresses (not sure how this happened honestly, never thought I'd be into sax blue so much!!).

Lastly from AP, my second non-print dress, the Polar Bear Applique JSK set in white/pink. I've kinda wanted this also due to being influenced by coord pics I've seen but it was a lot pricier than the usual JSK because it's a set and the materials, but honestly it was worth it. The pearl details are gorgeous and the fluffy bears are so cute. The combo of white/pink is also balanced, and the pink adds a girly cute touch to it. The dress has sparkles throughout and looks adorable when worn. This is my first and only white lolita dress I own, for the reason being that I'm a messy eater and kinda clumsy so I'm really paranoid about getting it dirty! I did wear it to the mall to get Christmas photos with Santa though! It's perfect for winter coords and with it being winter 6 months of the year here, I'm so glad I finally have this in my wardrobe! Lately I've been drawn to more non-print dresses too. Maybe it's cause I'm getting older, or maybe the new prints just don't interest me anymore (or they're just not as good as the old designs...)

I also got the Rose Garden Tono collab JSK from the Japanese lolita brand Royal Princess Alice. I normally find their prints to be too busy for my liking but I love the works by the artist Tono and they've done several collabs with them lately. This one stood out to me as being more muted than the others I've seen, plus the color is a really nice light peachy pink. The material is a lot thinner polyester than what I was expecting but it feels very soft and smooth to the touch (unlike AP's thin polyester) which I'm hoping will be good for summer. That being said, I'm paying for the print/art because overall the dress is very simple in construction.

I did get two main pieces from Chinese lolita brands Summer Fairy (the Peko collab!) and Confession Balloon (Cinnamoroll collab but I don't have proper stock photo). I got the pink JSK from the Peko collab and the details are so cute. Summer Fairy never disappoints! The Chinese lolita collabs are so good and they're not hard to get, compared to AP... My ultimate dream dress now would be the Cinnamoroll collab from AP but that's impossible right now so I'm happy with what I have. 

Hmm somehow it looks like I got more main pieces than I thought I did, haha... For now I'm not actively looking to buy anything but in the back of my mind I'm keeping an eye out for things I don't have in my wardrobe - a black/lavender or black/pink item (AP Cinema Doll please!!?) or things I've regretted selling and want back (AP Dream Fantasy!!) but other than that my wardrobe is pretty much complete (and running out of space!). That's all for this post, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment