Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2026

February, huh...

February is usually a busy month for me, as it's my birthday month, then Valentine's Day and then Lunar New Years celebrations... I was quite looking forward to going out on my birthday, since I had just recovered from being sick from a sinus infection for nearly a month. I took the day off and made plans to dress in lolita and go out with a friend because it was a Friday (and also last year I didn't do anything since I was still on leave and then when I was pregnant, I had a surprise audit on my birthday so that sucked) however my plans fell through and I ended up spending the day with my MIL instead, driving her around and watching her spend her money... I mean she did treat me to lunch but I'm sick of pho now cause we keep going back to the same place (that's her thing - once she likes something she never gets tired of it, but even I have my limits). 

So all in all, another mediocre birthday (my birthdays all became mediocre after COVID lol), minus the fact that Fred picked up some cake but I couldn't fully enjoy it... To make matters worse, some weeks later, I had a family lunar new year luncheon the same day as I was going to meet up with a few friends in lolita and I totally got the dates mixed up just because I accidentally skipped reading a few chat messages. I felt like the biggest idiot in the world... It's like the universe is telling me I'm not meant to meet up in lolita with friends...

I had a whole coord planned and everything... We were gonna twin Milky Swan and I was excited to whip out my little swan pochette since it's been a while since I wore it...but alas... Yet another coord I won't get to wear...

So yeah, that happened. But some good things did happen, like we got to go to a nice Valentine's Day themed market where we got some nice baked goods, and I got two new pairs of clip on earrings from some really talented local vendors. I really don't need to shop online to find clip ons that fit my aesthetic anymore!! And Evelyn also got some free goodies. We also went to Ten Ren's lunar new year market/event at their storefront... it was a little small but I definitely want to come back when Evelyn is a bit older so she can enjoy the activities there, they had a lot of kid friendly activity stalls and lots of food stalls. We got some snacks and headed home for lunch, so it was a fun short excursion. Sadly, I didn't get any photos of either of these events...

And lastly probably the best thing that happened that was birthday related was my shopping service helping me get Metamorphose's Capsule Toy JSK! I figured since it released on my birthday, it must be a sign. I thought the print was so cute when they first teased it but I thought I had already missed the release. Turns out I didn't! I suppose it's a birthday present for myself, and it arrived on the 25th and I love it so much!! I don't know why but I'm leaning towards adding more black items to my wardrobe. The print is soo adorable, I'm in love with it! At first I was saving my money to pre-order Sleepyland's new fawn collection but... If I'm going to pay the same price anyway then I'd much rather get some brand from Japan because at least there's no chance of dealing with potential flaws or QC issues... And plus the JSK is 100% cotton. Lately I've been paying more attention to the clothes I've been buying and the brands I'm giving my money to. This is my first print dress from Meta, can you believe it? I only own one other non-print dress from them but it's one of my favorite dresses. I wish I could wear it out more. Anyway, I love how the black contrasts with the print and I love the details... I already have so many items it can go well with in my wardrobe. Hoping I can wear it out soon but it's hard finding the motivation right now, unfortunately. This was definitely a month of ups and downs. 

Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment