Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Things Currently Keeping Me Sane

Gonna blog about the two things keeping me occupied right now as I'm trying to survive life with a toddler and newborn. Phew... it's hard. And I'm desperately hoping for this phase to pass ASAP. People say that you're gonna miss them when they're little, they grow up so fast, blah blah... nope. I hated the newborn stage and I always will! Life didn't get better for me or my family until Evelyn started to walk and talk. And even then, the toddler tantrums are draining the life out of me, but I'd much rather have toddler tantrums than deal with a newborn... the constant round the clock feeding and care is really taking it's toll on me mentally again, especially now since I'm pumping again, but earlier this time. And this kid is so different from Evelyn! I honestly thought I'd have more down time to watch more shows and do more things since newborns are supposed to sleep a lot... but nope. I literally only finished two shows. One being the kdrama, "Teach You A Lesson" - which was good, but honestly I only watched because it was recommended on Netflix and it was only 10 episodes. While the concept, stories and fight scenes were cool, it definitely isn't what I would normally watch on my own... Pursuit of Jade, however... *ahem*

I kept hearing about this series earlier in the year and even started it but didn't have the time to finish it but luckily it was on Netflix! Just wow. I don't normally watch Chinese dramas because they drag on way too long, the plot is boring and the leads aren't good looking. Well, this series hits all three. It really did not feel like 40 episodes - I'm craving for more!! While the main plot/story line and supporting characters in the court confused me a little, at the end of the day I'm watching this just for the romance aspects and I could really care less about politics and power-hungry old men bantering. The main draw of this show is Zhang Linghe in this get up, obviously (because I think he looks so weird an not proportional in normal/civilian clothing), and the refreshing female lead who's not a damsel in distress type. I only wish there were more fight scenes too. Overall, this is the best Chinese drama I've ever watched. I'll be thinking about it for a long time. :')

And another thing keeping me company during my late night pumping sessions is Love and Deepspace. I've heard about this game for a while and stayed away cause I'm not a gamer and didn't think it was for me. But after watching just ONE reel of the cosplayer interactions at Anime Expo (I don't even know why it appeared on my page okay??? I didn't even click on it??) ... I was suddenly being bombarded with them and I was like... whoa. Who are these hot guys?! Of course the cosplayers did an amazing job... but since I had my old phone lying around with enough storage possible of even running this damned thing, I decided to bite the bullet and download it and see for myself what it's all about. So I've been playing on and off for about a month now, and despite me going the free to play route, it's not bad. Tolerable. But it definitely does make things a lot harder/less rewarding in terms of leveling up. And makes the combat hard. Yeah - I had no idea this game was so intense, like there's actually fighting and stuff?? Like an actual story and lore and stuff. It isn't your superficial dating game at all. The visuals are striking and definitely pretty to look at. However, since it's a Chinese game, a lot of things are lost in translation... I can tell they tried their best, especially with certain Chinese holidays and celebrations that don't exist in Western cultures (like for example, today is the Qixi Festival/Tanabata... but they translated it as "Moonlit Orchid Day"). Some of the stories are a torture to read through though, and the mini games that you are forced to play to farm/grind for materials are really boring. My first (and last) gacha game too, what can I say. Now I know what it's all about! But would I ever spend real money on it? Hell no. :') That's all I have to say about that... and that's all for this update. Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment