Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Occult Academy [and other stuff...]

I don't know why but... I've suddenly been watching anime like crazy and I really shouldn't cause I have a midterm like, tomorrow. I was watching Macross Frontier while studying transposons ... =_= Yep, definitely going to fail...

So now here is my lengthly babble on upcoming stuff + stuff I've seen... just cause I feel like it. :T

I'm hooked to this new series called Occult Academy. [The story revolves around Maya - the daughter of the former head Master of a private Japanese academy dedicated to the study of the occult, who died in 1999, and a time traveling agent Uchida, a mysterious young man who travels back in time from 2012.]
Tooootally my type of anime... xD Plus Maya reminds me of Real/Lil Mayer from Ergo Proxy (I also need to finish watching that...) and has the same VA as Mio from K-ON!! (also need to finish watching the second season of that!!)
Another new series is Shiki - a horror anime about vampires coming to attack this small village... I find the art style is hard to get used to, and at first the story kinda reminds me of Higurashi no naku koro ni (need to finish watching this too...) but I read that the singer Gackt is going to be voicing the head vampire... so I am looking forward to hearing his voice. :D
Kuroshitsuji II and Sengoku Basara II are new this summer as well, however after watching a few eps of both from the first season, I never finished either of them... bad habit of mine as you can see...


Mary recommended me to watch Arakawa Under the Bridge. [Summary: Ichinomiya Kou has always lived according to the creed of his wealthy, successful family: never be in debt to anyone. But one day, under the Arakawa Bridge, his life is saved by a homeless girl named Nino. In order to pay her back, Kou promises to be her lover; and thus begins his new life under the bridge.]

...I LOVED THIS. Very, very, interesting cast of characters, hilarious and yet able to make me cry at the same time. 13 episodes total, the only thing I didn't like was the ending. Other than that... I can totally relate to the main character because I always think I owe someone back when they do something for me - as in, there is no such thing as simply "I did it because I wanted to" and that there's always a motive behind someone's actions... xD
The opening theme is beautifully done and the ending theme is by Suneohair - I love their music. *^* I also have to mention that Hiroshi Kamiya, who does the main character's voice, is also the voice of Izaya from DRRR!! I swear I keep hearing that guy everywhere. I was randomly watching Macross F and there was his voice. o_o He's also cast in Working!! (which I am also in the process of watching) but yeah... he does an amazing job; I'm a fan! xD Same with Ono Daisuke, who did Shizuo's voice in DRRR (actually he and Kamiya are cast both as chefs in Working!! and were also together in a BL drama CD by the name of Kotonoha no Hana too... they sound so niiiice together...kufufu*u*)

This is very late, but I finished DRRR!! without even knowing it. Meaning, the ending was a great disappointment (minus the fact that Izaya got punched in the face) I was expecting a war and ended up not getting one.
Also by the recommendation of two friends, I'm in the process of watching Baccano!, DRRR's so-called "sister anime" but really, other than the opening animation and the one-central-plot theme, to me these two series are nothing alike. What surprised me was that Baccano is also so... gory. I was expecting this mafia anime but no, there is alchemy involved. And a whole lot of bloodshed. Ladd Russo scares me. Not that that's a bad thing, though... :D

I've run out of things to rant about so I guess I'll end things here.
Back to "studying"!! orz

No comments:

Post a Comment