Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Doll musings III & etc.

My arms are dead sore from intense archery today but I'm gonna post this no matter what! :c

This is more of a rant post about dolls than general 'musing' (whatever that means..er, pondering, I guess? lol) A lot of bjd lingo ahead... ><

So, when I first got into this hobby and joined the Den of Angels community, I saw these discussion threads about "leaving the hobby" and that the Marketplace there was full of dolls. I thought, 'How could anyone part with their beloved doll!" I mean for something that costly, you would think you'd make the decision carefully (well, some people *ahem* impulse buy, I sort of understand that now) but I've noticed that not being happy and parting with your doll is nothing out of the ordinary. Simply put, it's just like selling something you don't like anymore. There are also threads about "bonding" but I honestly never knew what that really meant, or what it really defines.

But perhaps now I'm starting to understand better. It's weird, and really interesting though (um, from a social psychological standpoint, I guess? Ohmg... I feel like talking about attachment styles next LOL) In any case, I know how others feel now because for a long time (more like, ever since I opened the box...) I've felt like I've never really "bonded" with my one of my dolls. I mean, I love the sculpt, yes... but I guess it's also possible to fall out of love. It might be pretty obvious but the one I'm referring to is my Blue Fairy Louis. He gets pictures taken of the least, and is pretty much neglected. I guess I just got fed up with the fact that he never really "looked right" to me and the awful poseability of the body... So I've finally decided take the plunge after all this time and put him up for sale, and hope for the best.

And on that thought (...of how I never have any solid "doll plans") I knew I wanted a girl MSD-sized doll next. (I like even numbers, thus the two minis, plus I feel like having only one mini is weird) I had my heart set on a Volks MSD SwD Yui... but that is a bit impossible for me seeing as I don't know any agents and all the sellers seem sketchy. >_< So I settled on another Kid Delf, particularly Darae since she looks so sweet. I was going to call her Nino. And I had everything planned out, I was gonna get her next year, for my birthday maybe...

AND THEN. LUTS. (WHHYY YOU DO THIS TO ME???) I get an e-mail about new LE Kid Delfs. Darae... as a BOY. With a sleeping head. So essentially I can get my Darae + Yui. Coincidence? Maybe. Luts being mind readers? HMMM.

I could have Darae twins in the future... *O*
"Doll plans"? Yeah, this is why I don't have them. OTL

It dawned on me that these dolls are meant to be "collected". Meaning it's normal for people to update their collection, and that this is what makes the hobby interesting and exciting. And now I wonder what I have gotten myself into... hhaaha... (T▽T)

Anyway. ANYWAY.
I checked up on Volks recently (but I really shouldn't because it ends in emotional turmoil since I can never get my hands on any of the lovely things they produce for their lovely dolls) and I came across the most amusing thing: a Matryoshka doll costume (modeled by Puff :D) lol... how do they come up with these things!

On a similar note, my little ones in their outfit of the week:

Yuki took over Myles' supposed "bear theme" and instead Myles is a chicken. :P

And to end off my mindless rambling tonight, my friend Kim sent me this photo, which really made my day:

I was whining about this Nitro+Chiral Gakuen One Coin figure series a while ago (well, mainly over Akira & Keisuke) and now... I get to see Keisuke... with a home made lunch for me ♥ LOL. Thanks Kim~ :)

2 comments:

  1. Girl..., it makes sense with the bonding and stuff. Still don't have first hand experience with it...since I find there's something special with all my dolls, but if you're essentially going to 'trade' for another one, why not I guess? If it's going to make you happy...

    Although, does it make your wallet happy? LOL

    I saw the Volks stuff...haha I was like WTF to the doll costume thing! But I'm stopping myself from looking at too many sites for doll stuff right now since we're going to Japan soon. If you need any supplies or stuff from Volks, give me a heads up so I can look for it. It will probably be cheaper to get it from there.. :)

    BTW....I like the chicken hat...*__*

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOOL, that's why my so called "doll-plan" is nothing too concrete now. I've learnt that in this hobby, plans are always shot to hell one way or another. I understand you about the bonding thingy too. I used to think that I'd never sell my dolls, but now, I realized sometimes what you see and feel about something online can be very different when you actually have them in your hands. :(

    The Matryoshka Costume is funny lol but I wonder how the heck does the doll pose?! And your little ones are too cute!! (And so are you getting boy Darae? LOL >w<)

    ReplyDelete