I... can't believe it's April already. @A@;; I feel like this year time is passing by extremely fast--no joke, I think this has been my quickest school term ever, since my last day is tomorrow (though sadly I end exams late this year and don't have much of a break before summer school starts..sigh)
I'm slowly trying to catch up on things I've been meaning to post!! I haven't been blogging much lately but hopefully that'll change soon enough when I start finishing some projects and actually have some stuff to review/show/talk&rant about. XD
My workstudy term ended in March so I had some time to work on little projects in between. I was working on some new items for possible Anime North merch and ended up making some felt pins/brooches. (Mainly this was a good opportunity to use up all these pin backs I got from Michael's years ago when I had the idea of making clay brooches but gave up on the idea)

I made a cloud because it was easy to draw the pattern for, lol. I'm not sure how popular they will be so I'm deciding to test them out at AN before putting them in my Etsy shop. That, and I am still really terrible at sewing consistently, especially for mouth and eyes. >__< I know clouds are also not at all original ... so I need to think of some better designs as well!!

I woke up to a nice surprise this morning--the nail brushes and dotting tools that I purchased from Ebay over a month ago had arrived!! (Usually things from Hong Kong gets to me within a decent time frame so I thought these got lost or something) Aside from doing nail art I think these brushes would be great for doing faceups too and painting details on charms.. which was mainly why I got them :P They are super thin and the set of 15 brushes cost less than $3 (free shipping too). I haven't used them yet so I can't say much about quality but they look good... compared to the $3++ I spend on a single brush from Curry's and then having to trim them down because they aren't thin enough. -_-
I went to a small doll meetup-gathering/tea party in February hosted at
archangeli's place but I forgot my camera at home so you can read more about the meet and see photos at her post
here!
PlasticFantastic (Laura) brought her girls along with some fake sweets to make it more tea party themed and I immediately caught sight of the 1/3 scaled taiyaki she had. I quickly snatched it up--I mean, asked to borrow it--so I could make a mold out of it! XD

I finally got around to making the mold!! I'll be giving away lots of taiyakis...when I get around to making those LOL orz;; I've been wanting to make doll-scaled taiyaki for some time because I love eating it in real life, and plus who could deny the cute fish shape?? Speaking of doll-sized taiyaki, a miniaturist named
Asuka has made some really nice ones, complete with packaging too!!! *A* ... I wanted to make packaging too... I'll try my best to make mine look as good as hers... =m=*

archangeli also gave me some small parfait cups and fruit canes she got from her trip to Japan so I could make some fruit parfaits for her. They are pictured here with the parfait cups I got from Etsy and they'd be great for 1/4 or 1/3 scale dolls. Now I just need to get around to making them! >_<
I've accumulated quite a bit of random supplies from last year's pre-AN shopping (when I always go "Ooh! I could use this...to make this...etc, etc") BUT I never end up doing it! So this year I'm gonna try harder to make some more new things and make it happen. :)
I'm soo excited for Anime North/Doll North! Thank you for reading! More updates soon, hopefully ^^
....Taiyaki T___T I miss it!! I want some right now....not the T&T stuff though. LOL
ReplyDeleteHow the heck did those brushes just cost you $3?! I feel like I some now HAHA...cause having an infinite amount of brushes never hurt. Plus I abuse mine severely.. >_>;
I didn't know T&T had taiyaki! lol
DeleteHaha, well if you want the link I can send you but ebay has tons of cheap supply stuff from China/HK...the only problem is, they take forever to arrive orz...but worth it I guess!!
Wahhhh they look like real taiyaki!!! Makes me wanna go to Galleria right now Lol
ReplyDeleteIKR! Me too!!! >___<
Delete