These are sorta prototypes of my new earring packaging for my Etsy shop and Anime North. Sadly they work only for items with a flat-ish design... and I'm not sure why I went with this color theme but I think the stretch of warm weather we've been having recently is making me attracted to anything floral!
I wish I kept my packaging from 2010 so I could compare. :( It was green, because at the time I was still attached to the "poison apple" character I had, but since then I've changed that and also my avatar on DA as well, which I've had for quite a few years.
Other than that, I've put earrings in handmade origami boxes that my friend Carmen taught me how to make. They worked really well (especially for shipping) but this year I want something... cleaner? Cellophane bags work nicely but the only downside is that they seem to attract dust a little bit.
Looking at my two last microbes from the series 'Moyashimon' makes me want to make more of them again! >< I loved this anime so much... (I realize I like cute/weird things? lol katamari = little cosmic star-making aliens and moyashimon = cute microbe characters) I'm starting to get tired of making cake charms (still have a few left so I don't plan on making any more!)
But there's still a lot of time to decide. I'm so glad to be sharing a table this time at AN cause it's a lot easier trying to fill half a table than a full one cuz my things are so small xD;;
I also want to create a new theme/background for my twitter/tumblr pages but I'm not sure which color theme to use because I like so many! I realized that I really have no set 'logo' or anything like that. I should create one, but it's so hard for me because I don't really consider what I'm doing to be a 'business'. I'm a person, not a brand... I'm a hobbyist artisan I guess... jack of all trades since I like to work with different mediums?? @_@ I'm having an online identity crisis (again!) >__<;;

It's so cute! I'm really lovin' the new packaging! :D
ReplyDeleteAnd having a logo doesn't make you a brand; it just makes you more recognizable online. I've actually started a tumblr thing, but mainly because of the SoulEater community, lol. And my avatar and username is completely different; I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can have many identities online!! ^_^
Thanks!! :D And yeah, I suppose you're right ^^ I just find it hard to identify with one thing that represents me, cause I love so many things/styles, thus I find it difficult to create a logo lol... but whatever I guess I don't really need one.. ^^;;
Delete