Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Doll Update + New Etsy Shop!

For someone who is used to spamming a lot of random stuff here, I feel like I haven't been blogging as much compared to previous years D: ! I suppose from time to time I will blog about the updates about my current doll family... ^^ and save my rantings about company events and releases for my 'doll musings' category. Trying to keep everything organized as much as I can lol ;;

First, I have officially opened up a new Etsy shop to sell handmade bjd related props & accessories! My shop is called Little Scarecrow ! I don't have much up but soon I'll be expanding to include things like jewelry and clothing (very very distant future for the clothing, lol)
The theme for this shop is a black/red fairytale one, sort of playing on the darker side of Alice in Wonderland. It is opposite to my main "whitefrosty" shop where everything is cute and pink. I like a variety of styles ^^ I put "Handmade Doll Boutique" because I like how it sounds antique & a little whimsical... I have heard of it from somewhere but I forgot where--and I was browsing Freedom Teller* (a high quality clothing brand for ball-jointed dolls) and saw that they had "handmade doll boutique" on their banner! Orz...so that's where I got it from ><

Second, last week I had some doll items arrive including the two suitcases I got from rRabit! So I just had to spam some photos of them with the tinies. They can be used for all sizes but I think they look good with MSD/YoSD size dolls best :) I posted very similar images on my Instagram, but here are some of better quality:

Yukio is helping Myles pack by telling him which toys to bring ^^ They are packing for a future trip, although now I don't think I will be taking them anywhere with me anymore ><

The suitcases are very cute and detailed. But they really can't hold very much...so Myles is not to blame for trying to pack the entire toy box! ^^"


Myles got a new summer outfit. It has little elephants and stars on it, as you know I'm a huge sucker for cute animal prints >< The shirt has puffy sleeves and lace detailing. He's looking rather dainty, but still very cute!! Yukio's little fox plush was something I found randomly in my drawer of stuffed animals. It was a souvenir from my visit to Banff a couple years ago. It fits nicely with his fox-patterned yukata~

Next, I felt like dressing up Kaede in the nurse uniform I got him a while ago, because of Crobidoll's recent new releases. They created a school doctor type character doll and I think they may be selling "Crobi Hospital" themed outfits (doctor + patient outfits!!) I am also a sucker for anything medical related, haha. I really liked the doctor outfit Switch released too, but it's long sold out. I'm still on the hunt for a doctor character doll for Kaede... but in the mean time he can take over the role of the evil doctor + nurse ;)


As for the wig, I wish I took a photo of what it looked like before! A friend gave it to me for free, it was basically a very long shaggy piece of fake fur. I hacked away at it with a pair of scissors and styled it with some Volks Water Wax my friend Machiko helped me buy from Japan. It works wonders!!


Front view...I am not finished styling the back yet >< But my opinion of fur wigs are changing after this, they are pretty fun to style and mess around with!

Lastly, I am expecting my Taobao haul (finally!!!) so I will blog about that when it arrives!! Hopefully next week. Thanks for tuning in~! (*^▽^*)

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA I like how Yukio uses his feet to try and force close the suitcase! It looks really suitable for tinies! And Myles outfit is so cute!! Where did you get it?

    I was going to ask you to spam photos of Kaede in the nurse outfit but you beat me to it! XDDD I love his little teeth! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lol ^^ Myles' outfit is made by InfinitiDoll, I got it on the DoA Marketplace :)

      Haha I need to take some full body shots with like a nice medical set up...but that'll take me a while xD;;

      Delete
  2. omg I wanted to buy some of those suitcases too - but couldn't stomach the shipping!

    Why don't you tell me these things!! >____<"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehh I didn't know! sorry!! >< Shipping wasn't so bad.. I think it was like $10 for air mail? D;

      Delete