My relatives came over again to visit this summer just like last year (however thank goodness this year won't be as hectic I hope, I don't think the house could handle 15 people all at once ever again) and I don't know why but I feel like I can't go about my normal peaceful way of doing my own stuff. Like making things and playing/photographing my dolls. For some reason I can't work with people hovering over me and asking questions about my crafts and hobbies--and I feel like a broken record trying to explain to them... *sigh* Sorry the for opening rant all of a sudden. -.-'
I went to Michael's to look for some peach coloured felt but they didn't have any--why am I not surprised? -_- This is twice I went to look for a specific colour and they didn't have it...maybe they don't produce peach colour anymore? D: The reason I wanted it was because I was playing around with some prototypes of new anime plush keychains... but I guess that will have to wait for now. ><
An update on my ribbon collection because I don't know what else to blog about ;;
I had to get these Halloween themed ribbon cause I absolutely LOVE Halloween themed things!!! I have no idea what I'll use it for... but I'll come up with something??! <--exactly what I think every time I see cute ribbon, thus the reason I have hoarded so many!
Also couldn't resist getting more cute puffy stickers from Smart Maple!! I'm running low since I sticker all my packages before I send them out. It's quite fun to cover everything with cuteness :D
I got some random little clip-on doves from Michael's too...umm Kaede has made some new friends now? XD A parrot would have been nice, but all they had were songbirds :<
I decided to name the birds Twiddle and Dee (no particular reason lol). I also put Kaede back into this (fake)fur wig that I was planning to sell...but I'm glad I kept it despite the fact that I don't particularly like fur wigs because I'm too lazy to style them. He looks more boyish in it, I guess in the winter he will be back in his usual blond wig. ^^
On to my small update--I have put my Soom MD Phonolus up for sale and sold him to someone on layaway. He was a really gorgeous hunk of resin I must say~... but he mainly stayed packed away most of the time and I felt like someone else could appreciate him better. Anyway I have a whole bunch of other reasons as to why he had to go but I shall not bore you with the details! This is a lesson for me to stay away from impulse buys (especially from Soom since I can never predict what they're planning and I get sucked in by their dolls because of their layaway plan option; I was surprised I managed to resist getting MD Goss)
Kaede was sort of an impulse too since I hadn't planned on getting him and I could've waited since he was not an LE, but I wanted the discounted school uniform and event items from Crobi >< But I guess he is an example of an impulse gone well because depsite the fact that I did consider selling him (or turning him into a girl lol) many times, I finally found the right look for him and never actually got as far as to put him up for sale (thankfully)!
I've edited my really long bjd wishlist and from now on I'll try my best to stick with it to avoid instances like these... it's really a pain buying dolls and being happy with it at first, and then having to sell it later because it wasn't what you'd expected or hoped for in the long run. :/
Despite this, hopefully my very last impulse buy will be the InfinitiDoll Joy event head I purchased off a friend recently. I was randomly looking for doll sculpts to be a certain anime character when I stumbled upon the event head on InfinitiDoll's site. The sculpt has a little tooth that I thought was really unique and super cute and reminded me of a character named Towa from a BL series I'd read. And to my surprise, my friend was selling one on DoA so I got it for cheap! >_< I've sent it off to a faceup artist already and I was tempted to get it a body from InfinitiDoll's summer discount event, but I think I will wait to see the head first.
And all this after I said no more hybriding heads and bodies!!! But I guess in this case, they're both technically from the same company so the resin match should be perfect. I am praying he will turn out alright despite being an impulse buy. This hobby, what is it doing to me??!! >__< I will update again once I get news from the faceup artist... I'm quite nervous about it! D:

I love those stickers! So cute! And those doves are hilarious! LOL! I am not really a fan of fur wigs but that fur wig looks good on Kaede! Where did you get it? I'll be looking forward to see your Joy head! Hopefully he'll turn out perfect! xD
ReplyDeleteThanks!! Kaede's wig is from Sunny's World ^^ And yes I hope so too! :)
DeleteLOL Omg...some of that ribbon is so cute. It would be horrible if I got it because I would hoard it and never use it.. XD!!
ReplyDeleteLOL @ the song birds. I actually got a yellow bird (of course!) accessory for my dolls. I just need to get a magnet so that it doesn't flop over. LOL!
Ahh, I guess I'm glad I had to chance to check out your resin hunk. It's a shame when the dolls you want don't end up being a permanent member of the family...but it happens. :(
Just remember...you must consult your financial adviser in the future :P
Omg I imagine you collecting ribbon with yellow birds LOL! Ooh what accessory?! :0
DeleteYeah you got to see him before he's gone >_< heck I don't even take him out much so I think it's waste *sigh* oh well.
YES LADY!!! m(_ _)m Lesson learned!! :'D
It's kind of like a funny bird thing that sits on a dolls head or shoulder...LOL I got it at Dolpa O_O I saw it and was like "OMG, Yellow Bird....must....have...." lolol >__<;; and it was like...sitting on a shoulder of a doll. LOL!
ReplyDelete