This is my loot from using the shopping service Japonica. It was my first time using their service and everything went smoothly. My items were all labeled and packed well. The box the items came in had a huge dent in it, but nothing was damaged! What I don't like about Japonica was that they refuse to ship with anything but EMS once the value of your items surpass 6,000 Yen. T_T ...Anyway, I got some fairy-kei themed stuff since I've been loving the style a lot lately! I ordered from a fairy kei fashion brand called ManiaQ, and the fuzzy star muffler is from another popular brand called Milklim. Everything was very high quality and so so cute!!! *__*
I also got a pair of diamond-print overknee socks from Enchantlic Echantilly. They do ship overseas, but I was too lazy to order from them myself. >_< I have always wanted a pair of these socks ever since I saw the ones from Alice and the Pirates! Enchantlic Echantilly also has some really pretty jumper skirts I've been eyeing!
I got some post cards and a sticker from them too *o*
There's a message written on the back of one of the post cards, I wonder what it says...?
I got some diamond overknee socks from Angelic Pretty too, in wine x ivory colour. The diamonds are almost the exact same size, if not a little smaller than Echantilly's, but the quality is the same, the material is quite thick. As you can see I love these Harlequin diamond patterns lol
Here is a pic of the bag I also got from Angelic Pretty...sadly, I got charged customs for this order!!! T__T I guess I got lucky the first time ordering from them. Unfortunately, once I get charged customs from a store, I won't ever buy from it again lol..OTL||| But...anyway, I've wanted a cute pink bag like this for a long time!! It was packed so securely...and looks so beautiful in person. *_* Lol I don't know why but I find that when buying from Japanese websites, their photos are very small and not so great, compared to Korean/Chinese (Taobao) product photos where they are huge and photoshopped to amazing perfection. I think I actually prefer the former because I hate being let down or disappointed with items when they arrive...xD
On my actual birthday I went to visit my friend who lives in Oshawa! She took me to Marble Slab for some ice cream, which was cool because I've never been to one before. I added some filters to the photos I took inside the store in an attempt to make it look vintage-like. xD
There were so many toppings you could add to your ice cream, I chose Oreo cookies and strawberries to add to cheesecake flavour. It was delicious! :D
I went to Dragon Pearl with family for dinner. Their food is average but not bad since they have peking duck, which I love. :D They also have a lot of desserts! The interior design is really different, too. But I have to comment that their service isn't so good as when they first opened..
The round ball is their famous "Dragon Pearl", it's a crispy ball of deep friend sugar pretty much..you can read more about it on their website. There were some words written on it wishing for a prosperous Chinese New Year (or something along the lines..?)
This is how they make it...I really wonder how much frying time is needed in order for it to grow to such a size!! o_o
Here, the longevity noodle, or "Dragon Noodle", is being made. I didn't eat any, but I think I should have!!
Another thing that arrived at the same time my loot did was my new bed. This was a good opportunity to change my room arrangement since it's been that way since forever. My bed was in the center and when friends came over, there was no space to sit and chill. >_< Here's what my room(most of it) looked like before:
And below is what it looks like after! I know the bed looks huge in my tiny room but I rearranged everything in order to make it fit and make my room look bigger by putting the bed against a wall. Now I have some room in the center to photograph things (and do box openings? LOL) I put all my dolls on my little endtable for the photo because they looked nice together there, but usually they lurk in my closet. The new arrangement is going to need some getting used to...but change is good? :3
I had a great day, thank you to my friends and family who sent their b-day wishes ^^ I'm trying to stay positive about growing older, which is hard cause I still love all these cute and childish things, haha! >_<

I totally love your room <33 I want to see more =D
ReplyDeleteby the way, I'd nominated you for the "Liebster Award": http://usaikitty.blogspot.de/2013/02/2x-liebster-award.html
Aw thank you so much! ^_^ Thank you for the award! :D
DeleteOh... what is that that cute thing with the star in the first picture? I think I want one.....
ReplyDeletehehe, it's a muffler from Milklim :)
DeleteI'm a little jealous that you get a new bed.
ReplyDeleteXD;; My old one was horribly lumpy and noisy!
DeleteMy room hasn't changed in 10 years...I'm perpetually stuck in my teens. LOL I don't deny it, but I certainly embrace it. HAHAH
ReplyDeleteLook at you..getting new and shiny things... I want to go shopping. T_T;;~~~
This is my first change in more than 10 years!! :'D
DeleteI am getting new and shiny things because I don't HAVE ANY unlike you hahah!! XD
I think I won't bother changing my room for a long time. I'm too lazy. XD! Little things have changed in my room, but the basic layout is the always the same. I don't think here's anything I could to to make it better..LOL
DeleteLOL But I've always liked shiny new things...*o* They make the world better. Hehe
What are you talking about! You have shiny things!! Hmph...:P