Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

More katamari cousins...and more snow

I am finally finished with my psychology research paper!! (゜∀゜) I can move along full steam with merch production for upcoming summer anime conventions now~ ...For those curious, my paper was on a year-long supervised study course about gambling. I could have done an honours thesis which was sort of equivalent (ish) but I wanted the hands-on feel of running my own research project. I have no experience in gambling but it's interesting to study nonetheless, especially the cultural part of it. My wish someday is to get published. But no big deal if that doesn't happen I suppose since I don't have any plans for grad school or anything like that... I just love writing...about anything. :')

Anywho, it feels good to have completed something. Time to move on!! It seems I can't post photos the old fashioned way anymore on Blogger... I'm terrible with coding so I guess I'll just use the alignment tables. Saves space I guess?!

Left to Right: Marcy, Jungle, & Miki
I made some new Katamari cousins again as a recent commission for a return customer, and I'm quite happy with how they turned out. Especially Jungle, because I didn't think painting directly onto felt would turn out well, but it was alright! It was the easiest method I could think of that could get that camouflaged pattern, since I don't think patterned felt exists! I also re-made Marcy again now that my felt colour selection has expanded. I purchased some vibrantly beautiful colours online that I could not find in stores. *_* Lastly, Miki is a new cousin I've never made before. Very simple in terms of design, but she has 3 of those um...antennae things. XD

Cousins ready to make their debut :)
I have met my quota for this year's Anime North in terms of Katamari felties! This year's line up is pretty much the same as last year's, only I chose to make a different version of June and included two Kuro's, mainly because someone requested Kuro last year and I didn't make him. >_< I decided to make only 30 in total.

I also apparently got in the Artist Alley at Atomic Lollipop this year! The convention/carnival/music festival event is in August. I heard it was really small and slow in terms of sales from my friend last year... but this year they are moving to a new location and it's three days instead of two. It definitely isn't as big as Anime North but I am mighty curious about it and it seems like it could be the next big thing...and it lies more within my interests than a con like FanExpo, for example. The only problem is, it will be my first time selling at a convention outside AN and I don't have a table partner or know anyone who is attending the con so I'll be all by myself lol...Orz||

In any case, while I'm on a roll I've been making lots of things for both cons. I think I'm much better off in terms of inventory compared to last year, but it doesn't hurt to have more stock. >__< I would take pics of the things I have accumulated thus far, but lately... the weather has been pretty horrible and I don't have any decent daylight for photos.

Case in point, it started snowing again a couple days ago. I shouldn't be too surprised since it's not the first time it has snowed in April (I am pretty sure we got flurries near the beginning of May one year...) but it's a little disheartening to see how cold it is, still. And I don't know why, but aside from the freakishly huge tree in the backyard, there is the growing problem of this huge dip in ground level on the latter half. Every time there's a large amount of rainfall, a small pond forms near the back. I think I may have to help with the removal of that swing set, despite my dislike of hanging outside in the backyard (or anywhere too immersed in nature for that matter since I attract bugs like no tomorrow..) but honestly, the summers here are so short I feel like I've been wasting it every year due to summer school and the house being crowded with relatives that I really want to get outside and enjoy it more...

...and I just want it to be warmer so I can wear summery cute clothes. T_T

Sitting on a corner of my bed
Ending this post with some random spam of Kaede :') I hope to add another member to my doll family this year! I miss blogging about box openings, lol. It's funny because my friend commented that all my dolls are like 'sweet little boy characters'. And I looked at my small collection and yes, she was absolutely right.. x;D Aside from Mishka's emo-ness, all of them are really harmless looking, hahah. What can I say, I prefer cute faces. Handsome faces are good too... but $$$ x__x

My bed looks like a huge rectangular chunk in my room lol. I don't have a bed frame... and I never did. I had the option of getting a lower box spring but I like the height. Makes me think that bugs won't get me. (Even though that's not true...orz)

Hmm, this new formatting of photos means I can cram in more words per post. Awesome. (^▽^)

No comments:

Post a Comment