Hello~! The weather has finally gotten warmer but I haven't had a chance to dress up or go out at all because I've been stuck at work or busy crafting... but it's time for me to finally update a bit! This is a long text post but I feel like I reall need one of those right about now.
A little while ago, I was featured in a blog I've been following for a number of years called Tokyo Bunnie. I've found a lot of neat Etsy artisans through this blog and to see my own shop featured there... I was kind of taken back (and of course honored!)Thank you so much for the feature! *__*
I'm not sure if I've posted about this before but a while ago I got a Storenvy store. I didn't really know what direction I wanted it to go in though, because I didn't want it to become a replica of my existing Etsy shop... so it remained closed for some time. But now, after some deliberation, I've decided to put all my jewelry and original crafts there, as well as some sold out things that I particularly liked. My store is officially open here! I like how Storenvy lets you showcase things that are "out of stock" and well as "coming soon" and "pre-order" items on your main page. Best of all, it's free to list items. I have an extremely hard time selling jewelry and non-fanart items on Etsy, due to unpopularity and over competition, so now I don't have to lose out just because I don't make a sale.
One downside of Storenvy is that there is no reliable feedback system. Etsy has a great review system where customer support is really essential. I've even heard stories of people simply closing down their Storenvy shop after scamming people by never shipping out items. Plus, literally there are tons of sellers posting things from Taobao because it's so easy to create a store on Storenvy, more so than Etsy where the focus is on handmade. Hopefully I won't have any problems because I have feedback on other sites, but for now I don't expect to make any sales from Storenvy... I just like how the site is so clean and easy to use as a gallery of sorts!
The sad part of all this is that my Etsy store will mostly be filled by fan art, because it sells better. I'm starting to get tired of always making the same things, but at the same time, it's what I was known for. I know of popular plush makers that simply sell PDF patterns now instead of their plush. I can totally understand the reasoning behind that now, but at the same time as a buyer I found it extremely aggravating seeing as I couldn't buy the items, but that I had to go out and buy supplies to make it myself... so no, I don't think I'm going to go down that pattern route. Plus, I honestly don't follow any clean patterns, I swear most of the things I make are truly random... T_T;;
Another thing I may or may not have mentioned before is that I got another Instagram account: whitefrostyy. About a year ago, I deleted my old account in the midst of Facebook buying Instagram over and the whole 'we can use your photos without your permission for advertisements' drama (a statement which they later retracted). I was also sick of the bjd circle I was following so I felt happy to be rid of it all. On a whim, since I recently got a new smartphone and already had the app... I just made another account and linked it with my personal Facebook account. And now I find myself using it more and more when I said I wouldn't post anything on it! Gah.... why is it so addictive? >__< Anyway... I am a total hypocrite for this. But it happened, and the account is staying. :'D It's not that I check it often, or that I want to gain likes or followers... (heh not anymore at least) I just think the app is really fun to use!
Anyway, that's all of my ranting for one day. I'll update soon with more interesting things~
I'm moving to substack!
5 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment