Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Snow Day, Birthdays, Valentines Day, Reading Week & Chinese New Year!

I have so much catching up to do... hahaa. I'm going to compile everything in one post instead of making several different ones so I don't spam. I'm too lazy to watermark stuff and almost all the photos are from my phone so please excuse the horrible quality. >_<

January 31st was Kuroko Tetsuya's birthday. For those who don't know... he is my favourite character from Kuroko's Basketball and I've been trying to collect Kuroko things for my shrine. I recently added more things I got from auctions, and I'm quite happy with my collection so far ^_^ Season 3 of the anime also started in January but I haven't been keeping up with it... but all you need to watch is the ending theme to see BABY KUROKO. That's all.
First, on the 1st of February... there was a lot of snow. But this is Canada right?? Honestly I made it to school on time for morning classes but when I got there the security guard told me classes were cancelled!! I was kinda disappointed since this put us behind in terms of lab work and we're on a tight schedule but... well, a snow day! We've been getting a lot of those recently..
On the 6th it was my birthday. I'm now a quarter of a century old (I can finally say that!!) I spent most of the day at school in the lab... but everyone was shaking hands with me at school (???something that they do apparently???) so I felt like a celebrity lol. My friend gave me chocolate and I had dinner out with family!

My parents got me a red bean and green tea cake from the Japanese bakery in J-Town. I could have sworn that I had eaten this cake before....but my parents disagree... anyway cake is cake!

For Valentine's Day, I put together a themed outfit. I'm a big sucker for cheesy Valentines Day things like lots of red, stuffed animals, and conversation hearts, etc. For me, it's a day to express all kinds of love and an excuse to wear more bold, cheesy things. xD


 Anyway, Valentine's was actually fun because I was at work and my co-workers and I were all wishing each other 'Happy Valentine's Day' like it was Christmas or some other holiday, lol.
I was on the subway train the day after Valentine's and someone left this on the seats... 
My friend and I met up with another friend we hadn't seen in a long time and we went to eat Italian food at Pizza e Pazzi. Specifically,I wanted to try their Neapolitan pizza since I had never eaten one before! The place was recommended by our classmate, who is actually an international student from Italy... so yeah, it was legit, alright! The pizza was pretty huge and I thought I wouldn't be able to finish it but since the crust is so thin, it wasn't that much stuff after all. It was delicious and our server, named John, was amazing. He was so witty, funny and so friendly with us (granted it was one of the coldest days of the year and there weren't that many people in the restaurant) but we ordered an appetizer which my friends and all shared and he automatically split it between all of us without us even asking him to!! O_O (And my friend asked me to pay for it... lol what???)
On Family Day, we went to Vaughn Mills (bad idea, never go to Vaughn Mills on Family Day unless you like crowds and lines for everything) and then had an early dinner at a sushi restaurant my mom read about online. It was a quite place and the food was pretty good. The grilled hamachi was amazing and the seared fatty salmon was so yummy!! I ordered a chirashidon because I had been craving raw fish. I think it was more expensive than other places, but it did have a lot of stuff in it. I definitely prefer these places over AYCE sushi joints, that's for sure! Plus the service was so friendly and fast.

And then started my reading week. In which I didn't read anything at all, I had my hands full trying to catch up on custom orders! This was a nice set of cousins for a client in Singapore:
I took advantage of the free time to make more new things I've had on my 'to-make' list. I haven't edited the photos yet but please look forward to the updates on my Facebook page!!
And then on Thursday it was the start of the Chinese New Year! Since my grandma is here this year and so are some relatives from China, things have been pretty busy. We went out to dinner at a restaurant called Lychee Bay.. we've actually been there quite a few times already but I never blogged about them. Service was so-so, since we were pushed into ordering the set dinner with lobster, fish, etc, but we already ate those before so I thought it was kinda boring. Plus it got really busy later and a bunch of people were waiting by the door watching us eat and letting the cold in... which forced the manager to come out and take direction, lol... *facepalm*
Then tonight we had dinner at our place!! Lots of eating ...
It's the year of the ram and coincidentally I have a ram costume :D I decided to do a scene with them cooking because it's a time of eating and being happy with family so... (and I seem to have lost my little gold Chinese New Year props and didn't have time to make them mini red pockets) I don't have any red clothes so I put Myles into his chicken outfit! I suppose I should've put some text into that blank space in the pic...oops. Anyways, who ever celebrates the Lunar new year, Happy new year to you and your family!! ^__^

Now... time for me to actually do some studying, ahh... T_T


No comments:

Post a Comment