Went to have lunch at a small cafe at J-Town. I've never been here before but it's a really relaxing place just to sit and chat.
Somehow this place gave me nostalgic vibes of my high school days when I first got into anime/Japanese culture...
I ordered a small chicken ramen:
Tasted like the frozen ramen that Fred cooked for me...LOL. -__-"
Anyways, we headed downtown finally and walked around Kensington Market for a bit, checking out the shops and stuff and scoping out places to eat at in the future, haha. I really wanted to go to Kekou Gelato!! I didn't know they had two locations so we had to walk to the Queen St one which had a seating area.
After hearing about their interesting flavours I decided to try the Hong Kong Milk Tea Gelato and Osmanthus Plum Berry sorbet. I said I didn't mind the order, but the girl gave me the sorbet on the bottom which was a great way to finish.
The HK Milk tea was so good, the flavour was so on point -- if you are a fan of milk tea then you definitely must try it!! Fred had the durian flavour and while I don't mind the smell, I much prefer eating the fruit itself and it was very close to eating the real thing, the flavour was that strong! I picked up some macarons at Butter Avenue along the way, but sorry, I forgot to take pics... I ended up giving most of them away to my coworkers though, haha.
For dinner we went to WVRST ... I was really excited to try this place out after reading their menu online. They had duck fat fries and things like kangaroo and bison sausages!! Basically this place served fancy hotdogs and beer...and I was craving a fancy hotdog lol.
The style of the restaurant was more like an open eatery, cafeteria style seating with wooden benches. There was a bar and the lights made it have a fun and casual atmosphere. You're handed a menu once you get in line, then you order, take a seat and the server brings you your food.
I was boring and ordered the normal Oktoberfest sausage (I think) with sweet peppers and sauerkraut but Fred tried the venison and said it didn't taste very gamey at all. The duck fat fries were amazing though, and the dipping sauces were really nice (you get to pick two from a list of options). I would definitely come back again to try some of their other meats!

No comments:
Post a Comment