Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2016

High Tea @ After Queen Tea Shop

It's an unusually calm and quiet Saturday, so I'm squeezing in a blog post before I forget! I had a busy end of June-July, with issues at work, appointments and family things, which shows for my lack of updates. And now summer's almost over (which I'm thankful for - never been a huge fan of the heat) but I'm hoping to go out more these next few weeks to make the best of it and hopefully have more things to post because I really miss blogging!

I went to have tea last weekend at a place Machiko told me about - a cozy little tea shop not too far from home. Most tea places are some ways downtown, so it was really nice having places like these to go to uptown as well. I wish there were more! It's located in a sad looking strip mall/food court type thing and I overheard the shopgirl saying they've only been open since February of last year.

 
The atmosphere and decor was really quaint, with lots of antiques placed around the place, an old fireplace in the background and some soft classical music playing in the background (those apples in the photo are real btw!). Behind me where I sat was a large mirror.


There were plenty of seats on a Saturday afternoon, but as this place is quite cozy and quiet, I wouldn't recommend coming here in groups more than 4. Definitely for small chit chat and to relax. They do crepes as well but I wanted to try their high tea. Fred made reservations beforehand and opted for the more expensive high tea which includes a quiche and salad... the regular tea is just tea + a 3 tier tray. At first I was worried that we wouldn't be able to finish all the food but somehow we managed... O__O












The quiche was straight out of the oven, I kind of burned my mouth eating it haha. But it was really good and had the right amounts of cheese. The salad dressing was really tasty too.














I was semi-full after the quiche so I was in trouble when the tier came out... but luckily we sat the full 2 hours and finished everything!! The macaron was horrible but I wasn't expecting much to be honest... The sandwiches were really yummy though, and the scones were nice.


Overall, I had a lovely high tea experience and would definitely recommend this place! :)
 

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so good :O I'd want to finish it all too, no matter how hard it is! x3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it :) Yeah..I would have to agree about the macaron..haha maybe we can come here for September's loli meet up? Since it will probably be quite small.. haha

    ReplyDelete