Pages

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Anime North 2017 Con Report

Another year of Anime North is over! My 10th year attending this con and my 9th year selling... time sure does fly. I shared a table with Pheleon again in the Crafter's Corner.


I decided to use my cube shelf display again... Thank you Fred for helping me with my display! I always never have time to plan out my display properly but this time I tried (and forced Fred to help me lol). I went all out this year and made a lot of stuff (to make up for last year, haha!) which I didn't have space to display until Sunday really... it was rather slow on Friday for me.


Pheleon's mini keychain army!!


I also had a tablet displaying photos of my previous works (thanks again to Fred..) which I put out after I took this photo..


My charms which I didn't have time to take proper pics of. I sold out of all my bracelets but still have my pokemon charms and other things left over that I need to get around to taking photos of! Thank you so much to those who came by and bought something or stopped by to chat! There were so many other talented artists in the Crafter's Corner...I wish I had time to browse more closely.

On Sunday I went to the lolita fashion tea party. I didn't bring my camera with me so I don't have photos... It was held in the ballroom above the South lobby in the International Plaza hotel and it was a nice space. I didn't stay very long since I had to head back to my table but the event included a live performance which was interesting! The food tasted like it had been made 2 weeks prior (but the egg salad sandwich was decent). Outfit pics can be found on my Instagram feed... I don't think I'll ever properly post pics of my outfits on here, either I forget or I'm just too lazy. I need a personal photographer...-_-;;;

Speaking of food... this year there were a lot more food trucks! Things like takoyaki and chicken karaage even, which was a lot tastier than I expected! Definitely good to have more food options around.


I haven't been following any anime aside from Yuri on ice which was really popular, so I didn't really see any cosplays that caught my eye (and also maybe cause I hardly left the building haha) but we did see this awesome Team Skull duo. And  a few Guzma's. I finally finished playing the game yayy!


And the stuff I bought... I wanted more of the ditto pokemon keychains but they didn't have the ones I wanted or they were too expensive. I packed up early on Sunday (which I think I will do from now on... it just gets too crazy when everyone starts tearing down and leaving at the same time). I picked up a pair of wrist cuffs and socks from Divinity Doll in the Dealer's Room. I kinda wished I had visited them sooner (or not... my poor wallet lol).

Well, that's all for this con report. It's funny comparing my reports recently to when I first started going to AN. I'm a lot less excited about anime and cosplay now but I still had a great time because of who I was with and all those who I had a chance to talk to. Until next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment