Pages

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Beach Day

Last week I had been watching some old documentaries about Japanese culture and I stumbled upon one about yoshoku - Western-styled Japanese food. I've always really loved these kinds of foods but finding authentic places that serve these dishes is quite a challenge here in Toronto.

One place that really stood out was Coo (I didn't blog about my visit earlier this year but photos are on my ig) and now this place where I went last weekend called Isabella's Boutique Restaurant. BlogTO did a nice video feature on them and it had been on my to-go list ever since.


We came here for lunch and ordered some lumpia (spring rolls) to start. There is also some Filipino inspired dishes such as this appetizer. Very crispy but I could have done without it and maybe then I would have finished off my monstrous omurice, haha...


I was not expecting such a huge plate of rice! The sauce was really tasty. Not much chicken in the rice though (but a lot of mushrooms). Thankfully, Fred helped me finish it off. I really wanted to try their desserts too but I was just too full.


Fred's Loco Moco, which had two hamburger steaks, rice, pineapple and onion rings. Apparently the hamburger steaks were really good. I felt like I should've ordered that instead. :( Or at least tried their mochi pancakes (which a lot of people seemed to order). I guess I'll just have to come back here again just for dessert!!


Luckily the restaurant was within walking distance to the beaches area so I could digest my meal faster... and it happened to be a beautiful day, too.You can see the CN Tower in the distance!


Perfect day to relax at the beach~


This spot was really nice to take photos at... but I had to be careful and not step on the geese crap! Somehow this day turned into an impromptu date at the beach. I can't swim and I don't like the sunlight so... one visit each summer is good enough for me!

Until next time~~

No comments:

Post a Comment