Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Afternoon Tea @ Pâtisserie Für Elise

There's a cute little shop in Vancouver called Pâtisserie Für Elise that I've heard about ever since Fred brought me macarons from there as a gift about two years ago. It's a cute little two storey house that is furnished to resemble a modern Victorian princess' flat, if I do say so myself. Except it's a bake shop that sells macarons and other cute macaron-themed goods and as well as a place to have afternoon tea if you're tired and need to recharge after walking around downtown. It's a pinkish looking house (literally) that can even be easy to miss due to the all the trees in the front. 

On the lower level was their storefront that had an assortment of macarons. I didn't get any to take home - I was here for the tea! 

We went upstairs and we were showed to our table. It's a small place, so reservations are required. I think we came here on a weekday afternoon and there were two other tables near by having tea. There are lights in the table that sparkle! 

There weren't a lot of windows upstairs but everything was brightly lit. I loved the decor. I loved the washroom most of all - the prettiest washroom I've ever been to, I swear. I wish my home could look exactly like this, haha. I did dress up a little for this but not in lolita. I wish I came here in full on classic or sweet lolita though - it would fit the theme so well! (Speaking of lolita... I actually saw a lolita in the wild [at Daiso, actually] and I was amazed because they're usually in a group, and no one seemed to really care. One of the things I loved about Vancouver - everyone minds their own business. I'm not saying people in Toronto are rude - I always get nice compliments when I wear lolita out in public but people in Toronto seem to be so much more pushy? Like they absolutely *need to know* why you're dressed like that. Or they must absolutely tell you their opinion, even though you didn't ask for it. It makes me sound like the rude one here - but honestly it's just clothes, what's the big deal?) Anyways - back to the tea:

Cute table setting. The tea leaf strainer was shaped like a little bird. We had a small warm quiche to start but I forgot to take a photo. 

The 2-tier tray of goodness! The bottom tier is all savoury things and the top were desserts and scones.

I am usually a little wary if afternoon tea places serve nothing but sandwiches because I always like a little creativity and variety (and I just really love mini croissant sandwiches). Everything on this tier was really tasty!

I made the mistake of having a latte earlier in the day (while we were waiting for our tea time) and so by the time it came to eating the desserts, I was really full so I only nibbled on a few and made Fred eat the rest (I know, I'm disappointed in myself too, lol). The desserts were average. Unfortunately the macaron flavour was BANANA and that's my ultimate least favourite due to childhood medicine flavour trauma, but thankfully it wasn't as bad as I expected.

The service was perfect, and the atmosphere was relaxing and charming. We didn't feel rushed at all. Definitely recommend this place if you are looking to have afternoon tea in Vancouver!


No comments:

Post a Comment