Here is a random food post to revive this blog until I have more worthy craft related content to post about! I'm really trying to take my camera out more on a whim.. I went to have lunch at a place called Café Bon Bon in Richmond Hill last Saturday and we knew what we were getting into (a couple of my friends have been here and we checked the reviews and menu and everything) - we still wanted to try it. This place does those Japanese souffle pancakes but we decided to come here to try their savoury stuff.
It was hard to get a photo of the restaurant itself because when we arrived, just before noon, it was already pretty packed. Luckily we got a table without any waiting. The place looked very clean with an open kitchen concept in the back; I liked the decor.
Fred ordered the Thai Green Curry Linguine... just seafood linguine in a Thai-style green curry sauce, which I found to be pretty good. This was not bad, I liked this dish better than mine as it had more flavour.
I ordered the Beef Stroganoff Omurice, which was kind of disappointing. It looked pretty though! I guess I've never had a real proper beef Stroganoff so I'm not sure what it's supposed to taste like, but I was expecting it to have a more creamier base with stronger umami flavours from the mushrooms but instead it was just really bland?? And there was just too much rice underneath? It tasted like it definitely had a more tomato sauce base to me. On the plus side, the beef pieces were really tender. Overall, I'd come back to try their pancakes (which I've heard is smaller than FuwaFuwa's) since they are open late, but that's it. The food looks good and sounds good on the menu and in theory - but we found it to be mediocre at best, especially for the price. The drink prices ranged from $7-$9 so we both didn't get drinks, which was good because the portions were actually quite large (for me, I guess - there was a lot of rice???) and I was too full. The service was pretty good.
In the same plaza, there's Ruelo Patisserie and Louis XIV (where I bought my first macarons ever) so if you ever need dessert, those are options!
We stumbled across this swimming pool like place (which I thought it was a hair salon) but it turns out it was a kiddy pool ball pit display in a bubble tea place called Song Tea. I had never heard of it before so we went inside to take a look.
Quickly took some snaps of the decor because wow, the pink aesthetic is on point. Some girls were taking photos of their drinks and their LV bags in the corner there...
I really don't know anything about bubble tea brands in China... but wow... the decor tho???
I didn't feel like getting a drink but maybe next time I will try them. And I need to find a time to come here when it's not as busy so I can take more photos here because everything is pink and so cute and just reminds me of what I'd do to my own apartment if I had one. And if I was still single and in my 20s... ha.
They had these old retro pink payphones on the wall too but people were blocking them... I felt bad taking photos since we didn't order anything but I had to document this for inspiration purposes lol. They had a whole bunch of other cute pink knick knacks on the counter too. A+++ for decor! I felt like I totally needed to see this after experiencing such a cold and dreary winter so far. Can't wait for this to all go away ...
I'm moving to substack!
5 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment