2009 was when I first started crafting more seriously (the first year that a crafts-only section of the artist alley at Anime North was created so I was naturally drawing way less and sculpting more) and it was also the first year I opened up my Etsy store and started this blog.
Since then I crafted a lot, but overall I don't think I've improved as much as other people have. I've only started playing with resin this year. I always find myself comparing my crafts to others instead of focusing on myself. There are so many talented people out there and I'm just in the crowd. Although, a part of me is happy for that. Because I don't think I'm good at handling popularity at all. I would've crafted a lot more if I didn't have a full time job and other things in life to worry about and other hobbies to invest in... but then again, I'm so thankful and lucky that I can do this as a side gig and I'm so thankful and happy that people out there like and support my work. That they trust me to deliver quality product. These past ten years of crafting and blogging seemed to pass by so quickly and I really took all the free time I had in college for granted. Being an adult comes with a bunch of annoying responsibilities and sucks the fun of out almost everything. Using time effectively will always be my biggest challenge in life now because it's the only thing stopping me from achieving what I want, I suppose. I really can't summarize 10 years in a single post so I'll just leave here with my to-do lists.
Instead of resolutions, I made a to-do list. Let's see what I completed:
2019 To Do List:
1. Lolita wardrobe post - I did one!! I might skip 2020 though because not much has changed - I sold about 5 dresses and bought 5 new dresses. I'll be interested in seeing how much this changes later on as I get older!
2. Build inventory - Still kind of struggling with this one - working on it!!
3. Mass produce things instead of making things in small batches. - Trying to! So far so good??
4. Blog more - Does it count if I have one more post this year than 2018? lol
5. Get a new job (lol) I say lol but I actually did it, I can't believe it... I actually got a new job..
6. Fix my teeth - Fixing - will be done in 2 years hopefully :(
7. Attend more events. I did attend a few events but only sold at Anime Shogatsu and AN in 2019.
8. Do... something... about my dolls. - Still NOPE... and I heard that Doll North will be cancelled next year. I don't think I can ever sell my doll things now, can't find the time to take photos and upload everything and make all the listings on Den of Angels. It's hard making sales there compared to years ago... :( Maybe I'll just keep all my doll things forever... sigh.
9. I want to improve my table displays at cons. -Getting there? Kinda...?
10. Do at least 1 giveaway on my Facebook page. -Decided not to do this...I'm not popular enough LOL.
And now for the coming year's list:
2020 To Do List:
1. Attend & sell at more events - I've got four on my radar for 2020 -let's see if I can make it happen!!
2. Find my dream lolita dresses and complete my wardrobe - There's no way in hell this is happening but I can dream, right?? I'm hoping that since I'll be turning 30 next year I can stop buying random ones and just focus on the main pieces I love and want in my closet!!
3.Get engaged maybe? LOL though I have no control over this...
4. Draw? (Do I still remember how to do this? Draw for fun and have no expectations I guess?)
5. Experiment more with resin. Make candies.
6. Buy some minky fabric and try to make plushies...
7. Make mini gumball/crane game machines.
8. Go to New York or Montreal in the summer time!
9. Learn to drive on highways comfortably and confidently.
10. Learn to cook. (LOL. Not happening but I can't think of anything else,,,)
2019 was one weird year, in terms of social media and trends. I watched a lot of shows but most were not anime. Am I too old for anime now? Have I finally "grown out of it" as everything seems 'meh'? We shall see! If you've read my blog from the beginning, thank you for reading and I wish you all a happy new year!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment