I forgot to post in July again...what happened in July, I don't even remember honestly...
But finally something interesting to share, yesterday I went to visit a sunflower farm! Running through a field of sunflowers was something like a surreal dream of mine ever since watching Modest Mouse's Ocean Breathes Salty music video on TV in my teens... and it didn't have to be just a dream anymore after our city's social media pages advertised some flower gardens and farms that were open to the public and had COVID-19 measures in place.
We decided to go to Campbell's Cross Farm early in the morning to beat the crowds. It's not a large farm but is quite sizable indeed, rows upon rows of golden flowers lines your field of vision once you turn round the corner.
I was too lazy to edit these photos so here are the raw images. The views were amazing and I'm glad we went early!So much yellow ... and so many bees doing their work...
To be honest I wanted to wear lolita but I was afraid they would make us pay for a photo permit or tell us to come back during photography time since I had my DSLR but I didn't have to worry after all... I saw quite a few people bringing pro camera gear and no one was there to guard us, so... but I do understand why the photography sessions are 6-8pm because at that time the sun will be out of your eyes.
Flowers facing the sun. I couldn't go very far into the field because too many bugs...
If I was smaller I could crawl between the leaves and bushes but these flowers are much taller and bugger than I expected...
After visiting the farm we grabbed an early lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant in the area. I got a vermicelli bowl and it was pretty good, the noodles were very thin and soft. I never had a Vietnamese iced coffee before so Fred got one for me to try but somehow he said they messed up because it wasn't supposed to taste like that. It was a lot sweeter than I thought it'd be and I tasted some chocolate notes to the point where I thought it was like an iced mocha... normally I don't drink coffee at all but I could drink this so I guess it means its not supposed to taste like this! I ended up drinking most of it because it was nice and sweet...
Fred ordered your standard pho... we miss our go-to pho place in Markham! But this place, Pho Ngoc-yen, had a really nice patio set up! We went inside to pay and wow, the inside decor was really pretty. It really was a shame it was closed due to COVID but but I'm glad I got to see it cause who knows when we will be back here...
Overall a fun weekend going out. I was also very tired afterwards ... I guess that is to be expected after staying inside at home for months, haha... until next time~~!

No comments:
Post a Comment