Where do I even begin with CLOY... It is a must-watch, 100%. I must admit, after the first two episodes I was kind of bored but it immediately gave me Descendants of the Sun vibes, so if you liked that one, you'll love this. But it's so much better than Descendants because after the beginning, it really picks up the pace and every episode feels like a well thought out movie. I don't know who wrote the story, but damn was it ever written out well!! What makes it good is that there's a slight fantasy element in it that it could never really happen in real life (or could it?). A South Korean woman accidentally crash lands into North Korean territory where she meets the love of her life. Dare I say this was also very educational as I had never known about North Korean culture and apparently according to some defectors, its portrayal was actually pretty accurate?! Another thing this drama did well were all the different side characters. Even the bad guys, are so good at being bad! There's action, comedy, the classic rich Korean family feud, and of course, the romance... the romance is the kind that will make you cry and laugh at the same time! I cried so much during this drama, it's not even funny... The score is also good, so much so that every time I hear the songs, the scenes from the drama start replaying in my head, haha. This series was amazing and deserves all the praise and attention!Another drama I watched after CLOY was Itaewon Class. A really different vibe but again what I loved about this drama was the characters, but the two main leads kind of steal the show. It's definitely different and somewhat predictable at times but overall a good watch. Also made me miss eating out since it's about the Korean pub scene and all the restaurants where I live are still closed due to the pandemic...
Lastly, Doctor John is also another medical drama and at first it also takes place in a prison so it reminded me of Doctor Prisoner quite a bit. But the story is completely different and of course, it's all about Ji Sung... none of the other characters really stood out to me, lol. He's in a lot of dramas but I can only remember him from Kill Me Heal Me (which I also watched a while ago but never blogged about). But overall I found this to be better than Doctor Prisoner because it's more heart warming and there is some romance in it too. The medical scenarios are very interesting too, I feel like I learned a lot... although again, I don't watch medical dramas very often and I'm not sure how accurate it is lol. I've never even watched any North American medical shows, I'm not sure why? But anyways I wouldn't be opposed to watching more of this genre in the future!




No comments:
Post a Comment