Squeezing in another blog post before the year ends! Finally have some time to catch up on shows... I can't really watch anything when I'm doing clay things so I need to make time to watch these unfortunately... because unlike some people who like to skim shows, I want to be fully paying attention.
First of all, I can't believe I was going to let 2021 get by without blogging about Squid Game. It was all over twitter so thankfully I watched it pretty early on without getting spoiled. It gave me Hunger Games and Battle Royale vibes for sure but it's also very distinctly Korean. I didn't know much about it before watching and yes, some scenes had me shocked and on the edge of my seat, but after finishing it, while I admit it's a good show, I don't understand why it was so hyped up? I had the same feeling as I got after watching Parasite in theaters. I guess the Western audience has this sick fascination with Asian blood and gore, whereas for me it was just okay... there are more wholesome better Korean dramas out there. I think this went viral more for the shock value and probably this is the first exposure to Korean tv dramas for most people in North America. Which is kinda sad cause there's so many good ones out there that don't have such dark themes. Also this show had a smartly timed debut before Halloween so of course the outfits exploded in popularity but it was definitely short lived. So short lived that I didn't even think to blog about it until 2021 is almost over!Another random show I watched recently was Maid, because the two guys on the radio that I listen to every morning kept raving about it, and the trailer looked interesting. Not something I would normally go out of my way to watch but it makes you feel things and I guess I just wanted to feel things. Really well put together and overall, a solid show. The performances by the main character and her mother were amazing, and I don't have much else to critique about it.
I know I have a ton of other shows I need to watch but as I mentioned above... I need to pick and choose carefully as I just don't have the time anymore. I did watch the Marvel universe tv shows though, WandaVision being the best one, by far!! Loki is a close second. The Winter Soldier and Captain America/Falcon one was meh and I didn't even bother watching the Hawkeye one, but Fred did and I was listening and... it sounded so boring, like did it even go anywhere?? I don't think he finished it. Disappointing.
Anyway, that's all for this post. Until next time!!

No comments:
Post a Comment