Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Kdramas I've watched!

Can't believe a quarter of 2022 is gone and this is my first blog post. The Covid situation yet again has changed and I think at this point everyone just doesn't give any fucks anymore, including my company who made masks optional. I'm still gonna wear mine just for personal reasons and when I go out but I'm definitely going to try to go out every weekend now that there's no more capacity limits cause I need to make the most of things while I still can. It's been a wild two years, to say the least! I've mostly been crafting and watching kdramas, which is the main topic of this post.

I was able to go out some places for my birthday and Valentine's in February and have been doing a lot of house hunting and updated my shop three times already this year (can't believe how much stuff I've made with no cons to go to lol). I'm going to be closing my shop soon though to protest Etsy's fee increase along with a bunch of other artists but I guess that's for a separate post altogether!

The World Of The Married

I actually watched this right before I got married last year LOL. Not something I would normally watch as I prefer more light hearted themes and this deals with infidelity, divorce, domestic violence... etc. It was really hard to watch at times and some moments really made me go wtf??? But almost every episode left me on the edge of my seat, so I see why it was so popular! Marriage and divorce is definitely is not so simple.

Nevertheless








Alright so I saw a series of stills from this drama from Twitter and so I decided to watch it. And also because I thought Han So Hee was really pretty in The World of the Married and I wanted to see more of her. Not so much a fan of the guy, but he has a hot body and there's quite a few scenes of him topless soo...yeah. Worth it! It's a rather short drama based on a webtoon. Overall the plot is about stupid college love and some of it is really cliche (hot friend-zoned childhood friend vs. hot bad boy) but I love the soundtrack. In fact I kept listening to it repeatedly long after finishing this drama!

My Name

I kinda watched this because of Han So Hee as well, and it's really different from her other roles. A lot of dark heavy themes, and many times I found it hard to watch her get beaten up by guys... there's attempted rape, drug use, prostitution and of course lots of violence so if that's your thing, this is the show for you! Han So Hee does kick ass though, I wish I could fight like that irl :')

All Of Us Are Dead








I don't gravitate towards zombie flicks either but I heard this was good so I gave it a watch! Plus I really enjoyed Train to Busan and well, this is like Train to Busan but without Gong Yoo and without the train. In fact it's funny that Train to Busan was referenced... Some of the plot and character deaths were REALLY predictable but overall this was enjoyable to watch as I liked watching the different characters and their development. My fav would be the archery group for sure. Some really funny moments as well as sad ones.

It's Okay To Not Be Okay









This was recommended to me by a coworker and the name of the drama is very similar to one of my all time favourite dramas (It's Okay, That's Love). I'm actually not much a fan of Kim Soo Hyun (his face isn't really my type I guess?) but I do love the fairytale aspects of it and I love the storybooks and illustrations that were used in the drama. The female lead is also very different from your usual bubbly, down to earth girl - she's basically antisocial (literally) and has a bunch of other issues. She reminded me of myself sometimes lol. I loved her outfits and her really deep, husky voice haha... it was so alluring. She's so cool! This drama is a typical 16-episode length one so I got kind of bored near the middle towards the end... overall it was ok.

A Business Proposal















This drama is also based on a webstoon and I was actually waiting to finish watching it before doing this post. I saw the trailer and instantly I was hooked! I've never watched anything as they aired before and I remember why... I hate waiting for episodes to come out! Every episode left me wanting more, I really enjoyed this drama! Yes it's cliche, the whole dating your boss thing... but the male lead is actually not an asshole? And they're so cute together! And the secondary couple is so cute as well. Finally a guy that looks better with glasses than without (other than my husband, lol!) I enjoyed watching this so much I only wish it was longer, it only has 10 episodes. 

And that's all for this post! I guess I'm done my kdrama binge as I don't have anything lined up that I desperately want to watch right now. Back to crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment