Oh wait, what's this, another post within a week? Crazy right... Nah, I actually just happened to finish watching Twenty-Five Twenty-One and thought I'd blog about it, and plus, my husband, who usually doesn't watch kdramas with me, was really absorbed into this one and wouldn't stop talking about how it ended so I figure I'd do a post about it.
Little Women

But before we get to that, I figured I'd talk about another drama I finished shortly before 25/21: Little Women, starring the same main actress that was in Goblin. I loved Goblin and it was nice to see her face on the screen after a while. The main theme of this series is about money. I really enjoyed it, even though it was pretty short at 12 episodes. The plot was very suspenseful and was very entertaining to watch throughout. It reminded me of Penthouse and even more so because one of the main villains in this series played the main villain in Penthouse so it was kinda deja vu... Overall I recommend this and I heard there's a season 2 in the works! Also this really makes me want to visit Singapore...
I also tried to watch another drama recommended to me called Sh*tting Stars because I liked the main actress but the male lead put me off so much that I actually got fed up and stopped watching. Usually I'm very committed when it comes to watching dramas but his terrible acting really got on my nerves. Later I find out that he was also in Penthouse... Anyway, it got boring real fast cause you already know they end up together in the end... the plot was just really boring, too.
Twenty Five Twenty One

This drama starts off in present day (enter COVID pandemic) and goes back in time through a flashback as the main character's daughter stumbles upon her diary from her high school days (from1998). So for those who love 90s and early 00's nostalgia, this show really does it well. And a reoccurring theme is the times. I'm assuming whoever wrote this show was inspired by the COVID pandemic and the challenges people had to face because of it and the effect it caused. Even though the characters are fictional, somehow events like 9/11 and other real life events were written into the story and were the reason why things turned out the way they did. I don't want to spoil too much but early on, you already know the main couple do not end up together. It really makes you wonder what happened and it makes you really look forward to each episode. All the characters are so lovable and there was a lot of character development too as you watch the characters age and mature. This series spans 2 decades and there are so many wholesome moments as well as painful moments too, much like in real life. I'd say this is the most realistic kdrama series I've ever watched. It's very raw and there's a lot of crying! It was an emotional roller coaster to say the least. So much feels, so much that some people like my husband are still trying to analyze it long after it's over... ! Definitely worth a watch as I'm sure a lot of people can relate, as we're all going through tough times right now.
Right now I don't have many kdramas lined up on my to watch list so it's time to get back into crafting full steam ahead. That's all for this post... until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment