Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

New Year Resolutions 2023

I'm a couple days late for my annual new years resolutions post but thankfully I remembered today! I haven't blogged since September and lets just say... a lot has happened. At this point I finally realize that keeping up with this blog regularly is just impossible. And instead of feeling disappointed in myself that I'm not doing all the things I wanted to do... it's better to just accept the fact that there's only so much time in a day and certain things get shuffled around and things end up getting lost. Knowing that, I'm definitely not going to abandon this blog but moving forward, I just don't know if I'll come back here as frequently as I used to. I really took all that free time I had during school for granted...

Anyway, let's see how much I accomplished in 2022!

2022 To Do List:

1. Buy a house. I'm dreaming really, with this kind of market and our location... but one can dream, right? Guys... we did it. We bought a fucking house! I STILL can't believe it. I feel so blessed... but of course with that, it opens up so many other challenges, from house maintenance to learning how to cope with your in-laws so you don't combust due to stress. But that's life, isn't it? No one said it was going to be easy.

2. Go to Japan. Or some kind of honeymoon. Actually, it just has to be Japan. To see ALL the Gundam statues. Another dream, I know. A dream that will hopefully come true in 2023!! Fingers crossed... we would've gone to Japan in fall 2022 shortly after their borders opened if we didn't have house stuff to deal with, so 2023 it is! Actually we would've gone in 2021 for our honeymoon but the borders were still closed for tourist travel. It's been more than 10 years... time really does fly. 

3. Go thrift shopping for furniture for the new house and do some DIY projects! Still wanna go check it out even if we don't get a house... I did go to a thrift store and saw so many amazing things but didn't buy anything! At the time I didn't really have a solid idea of the things I needed and just browsed around but now I feel like I need to revisit some shops and visit new ones. Sadly buying second hand goods isn't really that popular where I live so there's only a handful of stores.

4. Start drawing again. I know I won't be able to do this because every time I put this on my list, I never do it. It's just so hard to find the time in between work and crafting and running an Etsy store... but I really wanna draw again for fun. I have so many art supplies I need to use up... Haha, NOPE! I didn't draw a single thing! Just like blogging, it's one of those things that kind of fell off the radar in terms of priorities...

5. Get over 1,000 Instagram followers. Every person and their mom who has a crafting account has thousands of followers. It's fucking sad, really. This bitch from Poland ripped off my work and they have 10 times the amount of followers than I do, and they started their account just this year. In fact there's tons of people contributing to the worldwide clay shortage by suddenly getting into making trendy polymer clay earrings due to the pandemic last year. And then you have people who have no talent who are complaining about "lack of engagement" but then they have over 10k followers. And here I am not even close to 1k lmao. I'm happy with what I have and I know I shouldn't be comparing myself to other crafters but some people really need to stop whining about it. The algorithms aren't helping anyone. I'm just crafting as much as I can because I'm getting older and I honestly don't know how much longer I can keep this up. Selling online is so competitive and it really takes the joy out of crafting for me sometimes. So, as of this writing I have over seven thousand followers but ever since I took my two month hiatus to move, I've been steadily losing followers day by day. So who knows what the real number is. I knew that half of my followers must be bots or spam accounts anyway but it's hard to tell sometimes. Anyway, keeping up with social media has always been a struggle for me. And even more so in my real social life. But it's really discouraging to keep seeing that decline no matter what you do. So I'm trying to stay positive. I really never thought I'd get so many followers though! I'm truly thankful. Not sure what happened that it suddenly exploded - I just kept posting as I normally did. I don't have a proper set up for reels so I knew my reach wasn't big to begin with. But I'm happy that I've made it this far! Here's my Art vs Artist for this year. I've really come a long way with crafting. And also this is a reminder of when I still had colored hair in September... I miss it now, it's so hard to maintain! Last time I had such vibrant hair was in 2016.


6.Wear all my lolita dresses at least once. I really need to push myself with this one cause I've hoarded way too much and shit needs to be worn...Ok so technically I didn't achieve this one but look at all the outfits that I *did* manage to pull off in 2022! This is a note to self to do a wardrobe post soon too as I finally have my dream wardrobe now. The bad news is that I no longer have my selfie taking location anymore since I moved. It was annoying always having to put a sticker to cover the toilet, etc. but now that I look back on these photos, aside from that, the location and photos turned out pretty decent... It's really true that you don't know what you really have until it's gone. Still need to find a decent selfie photo spot...

7. Make more trinket dishes. I started making bigger things like ring holders because a friend gifted me some Sculpey... and I barely used all of it! I did make a few! 


8. Make a new profile picture for my socials and banner for my Etsy shop. Ties in with #4. I really need to work on my "branding", or lack thereof. I did consider commissioning someone but then... why not do it myself? I've been using the same icon for years and I really need a refresh... I can't remember the last time I used my tablet... Haven't had a chance to do this yet. It's on my do to list for 2023...

9. Actually get my teeth fixed enough so I won't have to wear my stupid aligners anymore. You have no idea how embarrassing it is to go see my doctor every month and see all these kids there. I swear even some of the nurses laugh at me for being so old and still getting my teeth fixed. I wish I could just cuss them out because they make me feel so ashamed but I have to hold it in... -___- Still not fixed ashdsfhjkdfsgh;jdf;lkjfghlkgjh';kl

10. Hope and pray that me, and my close friends and family stay healthy. It's all I can hope for right now. I don't know what else to write here honestly. Indeed, I'm truly blessed. Hoping to carry this good luck into 2023...

Goals for 2023

1. Leave the country...aka go to Japan and have a good time.
2. Wear all my lolita dresses at least once (wear lolita in Japan?)
3. Finish furnishing the house (big items)
4. Finish decorating the office and do a studio/office tour?
5. Sell at Anime North or Otakuthon or some other con.
6. Go thrift shopping and actually buy something!
7. Go on more day/weekend trips (Prince Edward County maybe?)
8. Visit more local shows/gardens/fairs and support indie artists.
9. Bake/cook more things.
10. Maybe start a family? Who knows...

That's all for this post! Here's to wishing all my friends and family stay healthy into 2023 and beyond! Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment