In the beginning of the month Fred and I went on a short trip to Las Vegas. I suppose we treated it like a mini honeymoon (since we can't freely go to Japan...yet) and we didn't even get a chance to go anywhere last year after the wedding and this year we were too busy house hunting. Fred went when he was a kid and didn't remember much of it whereas I went more recently with my parents... and while I had a fun time, I had always wanted to go back with a partner.
It definitely felt nice escaping the humidity in Toronto for a bit! It was dry as hell in the dessert ... and also there was a heatwave going on so every day was 40 degrees. It was so hot it felt like being in an oven and all the moisture was being sucked out of your body slowly. But I mean, at least it's consistent, unlike Toronto weather. The view from the hotel wasn't bad and it was pretty quiet. The flight was awesome too, really great flight crew with WestJet and we breezed past security and customs at Pearson Terminal 3 on a Monday morning.
We stayed at the Bellagio since it was in the middle of everything we wanted to visit, and it was a good family friendly hotel to stay at since we're both not the party type. We mainly wanted to eat, shop and sight see a little.
Our room in the Spa Tower had a view of the pool below... which we did end up visiting later! We made the right decision to go during the mornings when it's less crowded and the sun isn't beating down on you as much. A really lovely pool and great for relaxing at.The decor of the rooms were a bit dated but it didn't really bother us. We opted for the older rooms that had a bathtub since I wanted to use my bath bombs!!Also one thing I have to point out is that their toilets were SO POWERFUL. It was so loud! I've never seen toilets with such violent sucking force! Reminded me of airplane toilets..
Our first day we went to grab a quick bite at the Cosmopolitan and walked around a bit before going to have dinner at The Steakhouse at Circus Circus which is at the north end of the strip. I've never had a good prime rib so I can finally say I've had it now!! The hotel itself was gross and run down but the restaurant was very low key and intimate. I can't say I've been so a lot of steakhouses but that was the best steak I've ever had!
The lighting wasn't great for photos so I really didn't take many pictures. Most of the time we were too lazy to bring out the DSLR too. Actually I think we had it with us because we went to see the Freemont Street Experience right after this but somehow we were too tired and too excited about the food.
Some pictures that Fred took of the Freemont Street Experience. I'd never been before and didn't even know it was a thing! Really lively place at night. We did a quick walk, took some photos and left. More of the light show on the ceiling. Some funky souvenir shops...We also visited most of the hotels on the strip, did some shopping and ate a lot of good food but they're all on my phone and I'm too lazy to upload them. But most of all I got do to a lot of things I didn't get a chance to do last time which was seeing the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign! It was much smaller than I thought! We also got a bus pass this time around so it was easier to get around to do these things, last time I just walked up and down the strip. I certainly do not miss taking public transit, I'll say that much. I also got to visit the Hello Kitty Cafe, both the sit down location at Fashion Show Mall and the Hello Kitty truck! It was super adorable!! Despite me not being that much into Hello Kitty, but nevertheless I bought some souvenirs!
If there is a next time, I wouldn't go to Vegas in September though... way too hot. I was worried I might have gotten sick because one second you're chilled from the A/C and then next moment you're out in the blazing sun. And also masks don't exist in Vegas. But somehow we were both ok. There are a bunch of other things I wanna say but... sigh. It's fine. We won't be going back for a while.
I'm determined to leave the continent and get back the two years that I lost... And another chapter of my is life is starting to unfold. More on that later.

No comments:
Post a Comment