Pages

Monday, February 20, 2023

Galentine's High Beau-Tea @ W Toronto

Last weekend I had a chance to go to the new W Toronto hotel downtown and have their Valentine's Day/beauty themed afternoon tea at the Living Room lounge with a few lolita friends. 

 
It was $95 per person and price wise it reminded me of the afternoon tea at the Shangri-La, however unlike the Shangri-La the actual lounge was on the 6th floor of the hotel and it was a very intimate and relaxing setting. I remember at the Shangri-La it was in the main lobby of the hotel where people would be walking in and out (although there was live music). This was all pre-pandemic though, I haven't been downtown to have tea in a hotel since then.


How cute is the presentation?! Instead of a 3-tiered stand like most afternoon tea places, the food came in makeup trunks that opened up to reveal the treats! I definitely enjoyed the savory items and would've preferred another serving of those than have the desserts...

There was even beef tartare... can't remember the last time that was on an afternoon tea menu! All the little sauces and sides came in tubes to resemble real makeup items (like the creme fraiche in the photo was in a tube to resemble lash glue). It was kind of amusing!

All the savory items were soo delicious! The scones were also not bad. There was jam, honey, creamed butter and "night cream" to go with them! The weakest part of the whole tea unfortunately were the desserts. The raspberry tart was decent but other than that, the sugar cookies and the macaron didn't taste like anything, they were just sweet... and nutty? It was a little strange. I ended up taking most of them home though because our seating was at 3pm and I need to save space for an early dinner since I had work the next day.

Service was excellent and afterwards we lingered around to take pics and socialize. Nobody save us any mind and everyone was super nice to us. It was a prepaid booking so we definitely did not feel rushed at all. There weren't that many people in the lounge, granted it was a Sunday evening...

I decided to wear a red AP print with a poker theme. Definitely feels good to wear lolita out in a group again! Thank you Whitney for organizing! Overall I had a great time, the themed afternoon tea was definitely amusing and was a different take on a traditional afternoon tea. If they could somehow combine the savory items here and the desserts from the Shangri-La or the Ritz then there would be a perfect afternoon tea, haha. Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment