I am totally posting these events out of order but these posts are easier to write than my Japan and Anime North ones so I'm doing this first. All of us were busy with Anime North in May so we decided to have our next tea outing in June to celebrate a belated International Lolita Day!
This time we went to Evana Cafe in Scarborough. This place opened relatively recently in a new developing plaza near a shopping/dining complex near where we used to live so it was super convenient getting here. Fred has actually taken me here to have tea before just the two of us, but it was in the fall and the menu was different. I really love when places change up the menu now and then to match the current season or have different themes! I have also tried their pastries and croissants before too and I must say their croissants are amazingly good!
This menu was still from their spring menu and the one thing I love about having tea here is that you can pick any drink from their drink menu. I'm starting to like this trend because it's a little boring to have tea all the time and with all the heavy and dense food, it helps to wash it down with something cold and fizzy!
The bottom tier consisted of a caprese salad (which was super light and refreshing, perfect for summer), a sandwich and a mushroom pastry that was super yummy. I skipped the middle tier and took it home (I'm gonna continue doing that for tea places now cause I usually struggle with finishing the food and when I get to the desserts I'm just way too full...) and the desserts with fruit was also a nice way to end the meal. Overall I enjoyed the food and it was pretty affordable as well. Definitely a cute spot for a date or to hang out with girlfriends. The service is really good and there's perfect natural lighting for pictures if you can get a spot by the window.







No comments:
Post a Comment