Okay wow I didn't blog for July or August and now summer is over and it's September??? Can time stop going by so fast please???
We just tried to go strawberry picking this year mid June and near the end of June but the weather was too hot and all the berries kinda rotted and they weren't very big and trying to take a 3 month old with us in the carrier was super stressful! I got to dress up but all my plans of dressing baby up in matching outfits just didn't work out! So that was a bust... Maybe next year we'll have more luck with better weather and better berries...
Aside from that the dreaded 4 month sleep regression hit me pretty hard for two weeks and I'm still kinda traumatized about it. So far Evelyn's sleeping fine but I have no idea how long this is gonna last since there's gonna be regressions at every major milestone. Things they don't teach in the baby parenting classes!! In fact, there's so many things they don't tell you. But more on that later.
I had the crazy idea of going to FanExpo with the baby and she took it pretty well! We went on the Friday - bold of us to assume there would be less people though because it felt just as busy as Saturday!! Getting there was fine but later on pushing a stroller through the con floor was not fun at all... I will probably wait a couple years until she's older til I go to another con with her... I did pick up a few things including some t shirts (I asked for a bag and they gave me a Gucci lol). I didn't have enough time to browse everything though so I'm sure I missed a few things...
Aside from that, August was pretty shitty and expensive since a bunch of unfortunate life stuff came up: raccoons in the attic, electronics turning on when they're not supposed to, and another flat tire!! And to top it all off, potentially being call back to work earlier than I had anticipated because the girl they hired as my replacement quit.
But despite all the bad stuff, there was the good as well. We got to try the strawberry scoop cake from Costco and it was really good, not too sweet! Too bad the strawberries they used were sour... But Fred and I think this recipe was developed by an Asian person cause it very much reminded me of those fruit cakes I grew up eating from Hong Kong bakeries.
Then a good friend of mine came to visit for dinner and she brought these amazing bubble mochi from Savorology. They were unlike anything I've ever had before - yummy sponge cake and cream wrapped inside a delicate chewy mochi skin. They looked and tasted really good!
One last thing before I end this post because I'm not sure I'll have time to blog again before the year is over - my MIL is gone for three months soon and although I've been waiting for this day, I kind of dread it because I'll be home alone with no help with the baby. I don't know how single mothers did it because this shit is hard!! But despite that, things are so much better now than they were before. The first three months were terrible... Evelyn looked gross, skin problems, struggles with breastfeeding... Nasty random newborn things that no one tells you about (at least, no one told me!) Evelyn is so much more fun now and looks cuter than ever. She looks different every day and we love watching her grow. Grandparents are always rushing with the milestones but as long as she's on track, I don't want her to grow so fast - if it means she is still small enough to hug in my lap even though she's almost too heavy to lift now! I can't believe she is the same scrawny thing we brought back from the hospital. If only I could've told my anxiety ridden self that I'll get through it in a few months time... And that time just flew by. So who knows, the next time I'll post, Evelyn will be completely different again! One phrase I do agree with is when people say "They grow up so fast"! They really do..




No comments:
Post a Comment