Pages

Friday, November 22, 2024

Happy Cute Mart - Holiday edition & Afternoon Tea @ Evana Cafe

I'm so behind on my blog posts... time to play catch up! I went to Happy Cute Mart (Holiday edition) earlier in the month but first I went to have afternoon tea at Evana Cafe with a friend! (We bought VIP tickets to Happy Cute Mart this time cause we didn't want to wait in line and it was a timed entry so we decided to have tea first).

I originally thought this tea set was of good value compared to most afternoon tea places (which charge on average around $70-100 pp) but looking back at it now...not so much. I mean it was a solid lunch, don't get me wrong, but it didn't feel like I was having afternoon tea at all. I get the fusion aspect, but this time Evana is kind of pushing it by loading the middle tier with scrambled eggs and potatoes instead of scones. I never much liked scones and could never finish them... But then I realize, compared to the same tea set in June last year, there's really nothing in here that warrants the price tag. Cucumbers, frozen edamame are also not exactly costly. The dessert was 1 macaron, 1 tiny little mousse and 1 small bunch of grapes (compared to photos from last year definitely had more grapes and of course no berries cause they be expensive). Don't get me started on the "creme brulee sweet potato" that was just 1 tiny Japanese sweet potato that you can get in bulk at the grocery store sprinkled with sugar and then torched. There were 3 other tables having afternoon tea but aside from that, there were very few walk in customers compared to before. The display was fully stocked when we left around noon. Not sure if the prices have anything to do with it because their pastries have gone up, when I remember a year ago they were actually affordable. If I'm gonna be spending so much money on an afternoon tea set then might as well pay more for better food. Disappointing but I probably won't be back here for a while!

Next we went to the Happy Cute Mart Holiday show and did some shopping. I actually applied to be a vendor but I didn't get selected... probably because I have too much fanart? Or my stuff doesn't fit their aesthetic, who knows... But I did get a few things!


And that's all for this post, until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment