I have a feeling this might be my last post before the year ends cause somehow it's already December! This year really flew by. Figured I'd post this now before I forget and also I can tell I'm just not gonna have time later in the month. Holiday season is always so busy. I love the holidays, but it's always so hectic.
Anyways, I went to a Studio Ghibli themed afternoon tea held at Oishii Sweets this past weekend! I've been here before for their gelato in the summertime and tried a few of their baked goods a while ago but never had their tea sets.
Each set came with a drink and I chose the strawberry matcha latte. The syrup at the bottom tasted like artificial strawberry jam/syrup and the matcha was very gritty so it was probably the weakest part of the meal. Friends ordered the ginger latte and it came with a cute Calcifer meringue on top! The Vietnamese coffee also came with ube foam on top which was interesting! (I forgot to take a photo of the full menu but all the food names were themed)
We started from the bottom up and the savouries (mini croissants) were probably my fav part of the tea set.
The soup was also not bad but was too hot to drink right away. The bánh mì croissant was probably my fav out of the two.
The middle tier had desserts instead of your usual scones and the top tier also had desserts so you get 2x the desserts!! This tea set didn't look like that much food but boy was I wrong! I ended up taking the entire top tier and the cookie home. I ate the little cupcake with Earl Grey cream but then when I got to the creme puff... That's what really killed me lol. I wasn't expecting so much cream inside! It was good, but it was really heavy.
I finished the rest of the food at home and the butter cookie and the macaron were my favourites. I wasn't a fan of the Pandan dessert or the mango mousse Totoro but that's just a personal preference. While I thought the presentation was a little amateurish and sloppy (I'm a perfectionist... And just slapping googly eyes on everything is something I'm gonna be nitpicking about lol) I do appreciate the effort. They really tried to stay on theme and it shows! Very detailed menu and of course they played the instrumental music from the movies in the background and they had artwork and little trinkets as well (which I also forgot to take pictures of...oops) so the ambience was very on point! Even the servers wore themed headgear. Overall, you can tell that a lot of love and effort into the whole experience. The food tasted better than I expected it to and I had a great time. Also be sure to browse their display window for lots of themed macarons and other goodies you can purchase as well. This made up for the tea experience at Evana last month. At least you're getting some decent desserts and not cucumber salad and scrambled eggs. For around $70 per person, this tea set wasn't bad!
And if you're still hungry... You can grab some delicious bánh mì and mochi donuts next door at Mochi Doh!
That's all for this post... Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment