Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2024

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays everyone!!! Another Christmas is in the books!! Not sure if I will have a chance to post before the new year but I'll try. I probably said it before but I'll say it again - I can't believe 2024 is over already. It's been quite the blur and it went by so fast, mostly because of Evelyn. I really can't believe how fast and how big she's grown, I can still remember holding her tiny body and bringing her back from the hospital...

Earlier in the month we took our first photos with Santa together as a family at CF Markville. The photos were decent but perhaps next year I'll try a different mall since this set up was a little lacking. I'm so proud of Evelyn though! Even though she has bad stranger danger, she took it soo seriously and was able to have some solo pics with Santa. 

I finally got our own Xmas tree set up and finally got a new Kallax shelf in that corner of our living room.


It turned out to be a white Christmas and the snow outside looked soo pretty! I feel so excited whenever we get a white Christmas because it just feels so magical and it feels like we haven't had one in a while. I always have the crazy dream of decorating the huge pine tree outside of our house but that's impossible to manage... And I can't imagine how to even go about that.


And then right around a couple days before we were gonna have our annual xmas party, Evelyn and I got really sick. So we had to cancel the party cause a bunch of kids from our friend group got pneumonia. We even bought all the food for it, too... Luckily we were able to return some of it. I was really sad because last year around this time, I was sick with COVID during my pregnancy and this year I was sick again. I felt so cursed... And I felt so scared for Evelyn that I would have to take her to the ER during Xmas... I lost some sleep over that due to anxiety and it felt like it was like the newborn days all over again. But luckily we were able to get medication and she seems to be back to her usual self. But that one night was so scary, as a mom I never want to see her like that again. I myself don't feel so great and I'm super bummed about the party because I feel like for every missed opportunity now, there's never gonna be the same one ever again because she won't be this little anymore. Kids really do grow up really fast! Despite the sickness though, I was able to have a nice dinner with my parents so it wasn't all bad. Thats all for this post, until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment