I completely forgot to post about this but back in April when my friend suggested we go get our nails done and have afternoon tea I was like hell yeah why not! I was still on my leave and had some time left before returning to work so I could still have nice nails. Honestly, if I didn't have to work such a job and had the money, I'd totally be doing my nails every month. The salon my friend recommended was really fancy too and was located in Yorkville in downtown Toronto.
We got the monthly specials from from. M Tokyo, a Japanese nail salon. The interior was sooo nice and of course the service was so top notch, I felt like that's what I was paying for, to be honest. The nail designs were so simple but they included a free drink and gave us some candy as well and my nail tech was so nice to help us take some pictures in the gorgeous venue. Sadly I don't think I'll ever go back there again because I just don't have a need to... Plus the gel nails really damaged my real nails because I was impatient and started picking at my nails and ended up peeling it off myself, which, I know you're not supposed to do that...
But overall it totally made up for the shitty experience I had my first time getting my nails done. At the time, almost 10 years ago, I went to a random shop in Pacific Mall who was advertising and I had gotten their card. I was just done my shift at Tim Hortons at the time but wanted to get my nails done for my uncle's wedding and decided to take the bus there after work. Instead of a cute girl doing my nails, it was some gross looking balding middle aged uncle... and he the nail job was very very mediocre. Needless to say, this nail appointment at from M. Tokyo totally made up for everything and more.
Afterwards we went to have tea at Hazukido's Yorkville location which was the only location that offered it. They were nice enough to move up our seating because we ended up finishing our nail appointment early, although they were only able to offer us window seats. Which turned out better since the lighting was much better than where the regular seats were. The tea was extremely mediocre (just different toppings on probably stale toasted croissants), think fusion crostini and tea. You get what you pay for I guess? Afterwards we decided to check out the Bamtori market. I had seen a lot of mutual artists vend there so I was curious about it! It was a very small and chill venue and was free to enter. I was thinking of applying to it in the future so I wanted to scope it out. We ended up getting a few trinkets from some talented artists I've never heard of before which was nice.
Overall a very fun day, until next time!




No comments:
Post a Comment