Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2025

Happy Holidays & New Years Resolutions for 2026!

What a crazy month it's been so far!! I can't believe 2025 is almost over... I feel like this year has gone by so much quicker than other years for some reason. Not that I did much at all - I didn't go anywhere or travel far (usually that was my personal goal when I was younger - to go out and visit some place away from home at least once a year) but the fact that I was just watching Evelyn grow and she has grown so much in the past year. 2024 I was at home taking care of her while she was a baby and this year when she started walking, it was like bam... she totally changed.

Anyways for Christmas this year we went to take photos at STC instead of Markville. We chose the cheapest package so we got only three different photos/poses. You get more at Markville but I guess you're really paying more for the "experience" part, as the display and setup at STC is much nicer and there's more to explore once you're inside the "venue", as opposed to Markville where it's very basic and you just go to take photos and leave. I wish I could have taken more advantage of that and taken more photos with Evelyn while we were waiting in line, but it's fine... She kept saying "Santa" but when it was finally our turn she didn't even look at him lol. Probably this is our last time going to STC for xmas photos though because we ended up getting stuck in the parking lot on the way out... nothing was moving and it almost took us an hour just to get out of the lot. It was a nightmare. Never going anywhere near malls around this time of year ever again cause people don't know how to drive and I just end up getting stuck just trying to leave!!

I do this every year so here were my resolutions from last year:

1. Be a better mom... Stop overthinking things. Can I carry this over to 2026? Cause I feel like I'll always need to do this.

2. Stop buying main lolita dresses and start wearing/rewearing my dresses more!! Honestly I did wear lolita but not as much as I'd like to... it's just a hassle now cause I have to manage a toddler with grabby hands and to me I have a hard time finding "casual" lolita outfits. To me, you really need the accessories and there runs the risk of her being distracted by my accessories and damaging them so I don't bother with full on coordinates anymore when going out with bb.

3. Travel...er, stay somewhere overnight? Didn't end up happening because Fred and I's vacation schedules didn't really align for this to work out... maybe in 2026?

4. Learn to drive highways confidently. Lol. Nope.

5. Host a party. Finally we did this! We hosted a xmas party and almost everyone showed up!

6. Host a craft night. I tried to incorporate this for the xmas party but the kiddos just aren't old enough yet. Maybe in a few years.

7. Get a new job? Didn't happen cause I went back to work in 2025 lol. What was I thinking...

8. Exercise/go on walks. I did take a lot of walks and took bb to the park every day during the summer... does that count??

9. Spend more time with people that matter. I tried... still working on it!

10. Go to more events/craft markets. I did find and go to a lot of local markets this year! But I just didn't blog about them. I hope to continue doing so in 2026 cuz I've found a lot of great finds and unique gifts for friends this way!

My Resolutions for 2026:

1. Fix up the house/replace some old furniture/finish decorating the office. Our place is constantly in a state of unfinished because I keep buying prints but never putting them up. We really need some big framed art for our walls but I'm really picky and I haven't found exactly what I envisioned yet... and also they cost a lot...

2. Go out to more afternoon tea places wearing lolita fashion. I used to have afternoon tea a couple times a year, I miss it. I also have been wanting to do tea at home since I have amassed so much tea in the recent years but... that seems even more difficult to organize lol.

3. Travel! I'm dying to get out of the city... I wish I could just go back to Japan though, to be honest. That was the last big trip Fred and I went on and every day I'm missing it.

4. Eat healthier. Ever since having my GD diagnosis (and although it went away after pregnancy) it really opened my eyes. The whole thing about eating healthy carbs and balancing every meal. It's hard when I'm not the main person cooking. I have been cooking more on the weekends so I've been following a lot more recipe developers/nutrition kind of content lately. It's even more difficult these days because the price of food really skyrocketed. I miss eating out because now we can't really afford to anymore, and it's just not as enjoyable of an experience. 

5. Go to more events/craft markets. I liked checking out local markets in our community and hope to do more of that in 2026!

Honestly I think I will leave it there for now. I really can't think of 10 things and I'm too tired to burden myself with more goals that I probably won't accomplish. I just wish for all my family and friends to be happy and healthy in 2026, that's really all I want!


No comments:

Post a Comment