Late post, I know, but life has been pretty hectic...after Evelyn recovered from her last sickness, she ended up catching HFMD from daycare and passing it along to us. She recovered fine but Fred and I were the ones hit harder. Luckily that's over now but we also had a wedding to go to, and also we've been trying to take Evelyn out every weekend to take advantage of the nice sunny fall weather before it gets too cold and to be honest, I've just completely forgotten about blogging... And she may or may not be coming down with something, again... Taking care of a sick kid is so exhausting, but we're trying to make the best of it for now.
I last minute decided to get her a little bat cape so she could easily wear it and she can grow with it. And also I was lazy. She seemed to like it! Honestly, the hardest part is just deciding on a costume idea and sticking with it... Although unfortunately (or fortunately?) we are not going to be the type of family that goes all out and does family costumes. I just don't have the time for that right now. And what do I do with all the costumes afterwards? But maybe I might change my mind in the future? Who knows...We went to a few Halloween events, including Boo at the Zoo, which was very underwhelming. I expected Halloween things to take place all over the zoo and in the main carousel area, but it just took place in the discovery district due to the ongoing construction. There was a sad attempt at a haunted house using one of their unused enclosures and a small pumpkin patch with some characters dressed up. I'm glad we got to experience it as part of our membership but I definitely would not have paid for it separately. We walked around the zoo itself for a bit afterwards and then called it a day.
We also went to BooFest since it was close to Ikea Vaughn so we decided to check it out and do lunch at IKEA since the North York location is just too crowded sometimes. I thought I'd be disappointed too since it looked like a sad attempt at a fair/carnival but surprisingly the displays were pretty neat and it was bigger than I thought. Most of all, Evelyn had fun running around. The pumpkin patch was much bigger and actually looked like a pumpkin patch, but without the dirt! It was great. Lots of nice décor, too.
There were other local Halloween events we missed out on due to scheduling conflicts so I definitely want to check those out next year! Hope y'all had a spooky Halloween, until next time!!




No comments:
Post a Comment