I had this post drafted to publish last month but never ended up finishing it! This was about our trip out to Guelph to visit the Aberfoyle Antique Market at the end of September... I'd seen friends visit and wanted to go since I love antique and vintage things. It totally did not disappoint! I was for sure not expecting all the large pieces, like furniture and signs. It would be a great place to check out if you are into vintage decor. If I had time I'd totally get something to DIY here! (Not sure about the prices though but they looked reasonable?)
Lots of pretty China and I would've got some if it weren't for the fact that they can't be used anymore... And I was totally not expecting to find clothing too! There was this one booth that had some really nice dresses for good prices (the kind of stuff I would find at vintage second hand shops in Tokyo but at a fraction of the cost). I didn't get anything except for a skirt because I was dressed in lolita and it was kind of difficult to try stuff on.
We decided to grab lunch before heading back home and we got the fish and chips and a peameal bacon sandwich. I was actually quite surprised how good the food was! Minus eating outside with the wasps, the fish was battered nicely and was better than what I've had in while. The sandwich had nice melty cheese and the bacon wasn't overly dry or too salty. I haven't had peameal bacon in forever so it was nice.
Overall it was worth the drive and I'm pretty sure I didn't have a chance to look at everything. I can't wait to go back again next spring/summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment