Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2025

Carma Farms

How is it already October!?! I had this post written up last month but totally forgot about posting it... And I was so on track to having a post a month!! Ugh. Anyway last month was kinda hectic cuz Evelyn finally started daycare in September! 

And although I'd rather not get into the details of why or how it came to be, what's done is done and unfortunately she caught a bad virus after her first week and infected all of us. I mean everyone did warn us... but naive little me, I didn't take it seriously... and I had to take some time off work because it was that bad. In fact I'm still coughing... I don't think I've ever been that sick, not even with COVID when  I was pregnant... but luckily this time I could take some cold medication which I couldn't do back then. Anyway we finally didn't feel like death enough to go out and do some fall activities!! 
We passed by this farm randomly while driving around in the area and after looking it up online we decided to go check it out this past weekend since the weather was nice! Entrance was $2 per person and $5 for a feed bucket (it was $10 but you get $5 back for returning the bucket afterwards). 
I'd never been to a farm like this where you could feed the animals so it was an interesting experience! Definitely great for kids, and better to go in the morning when the animals are hungry, and they definitely seemed absolutely starving because they were going nuts for the food. There were a nice variety of animals but overall the farm itself is quite small. We finished in just about under an hour. There were other areas including a small shop where you could buy local farm fresh produce and baked goods as well. The food was definitely tempting! 

Overall we had a great time and would love to go back, especially in the fall. I loved their Halloween display and they had a ton of pumpkins. It definitely got busier later on. I think Evelyn had a good time, and we did too, minus the fact that she almost swallowed a piece of corn intended for the animals... I had to pry it out of her mouth. 

That's all for this post, until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment