Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2026

Happy Cute Mart 2026 Spring Show

 I totally forgot to blog about the Happy Cute Mart spring show I attended a couple weeks back... but every weekend so far has been packed with markets or some other errand (lots of markets are popping up now cause the weather is finally warm enough now) and some local markets, I just wanna gate keep them for now because they are too close to home, haha...

I skipped the winter/November show because I think that's when I got pregnant with baby #2 and I wasn't feeling so great. Actually, I was a bit nervous I wouldn't be able to attend this show as I'd be 36 weeks, but it wasn't so bad! I even managed to dress up in a full lolita coord and I hadn't gone out like that in a while. It's probably going to be the last time I'll be doing that for a while... Anyway, I got a VIP ticket for 10 am mainly because I didn't want to wait in line. But honestly the line didn't look that bad. I definitely feel like there's less turnout now compared to the very first year. I didn't really care for the swag this time around though - to be honest it kinda sucked. The cap, I could have done without, the drink sleeve is entirely garbage as I don't think I'll ever use it and the stickers are cute, I guess? But the main point was that I could go in and out easily without any trouble. Fred took Evelyn to the near by library and EarlyON which was nice because I didn't want to buy an extra ticket for him. I felt bad though cause Evelyn was very clearly bored and tired (the show is not kid friendly at all, unfortunately) and I took too long browsing... and I STILL didn't get a chance to look through everything!

I did end up getting a few things though and met some new artists which was nice.  The main reason for me going was to get the Danish cookie tin bag from Maobabie but she told me she doesn't have any stock for any Canadian cons, and maybe she'll have them next year.... :') she did have them at the Welcome Market which we did go to as well but we got there late and she already sold out. (Side note - we saw Toronto mayor Olivia Chow make a speech at that market and bought an English/Cantonese book for Evelyn at that show but despite it also being wheel chair accessible, that show is so not kid friendly either, probably worse than Happy Cute Mart... which was ironic cause we did see quite a lot of strollers, but the food area was so crowded we didn't bother.)

I wasn't planning to get any food at Happy Cute Mart but ended up getting a sampler pack from Gabs & Keeks. Evelyn really loved the ube cake and funnily enough, several weeks later she randomly asked to eat "purple cake" again! Haha... guess it must've left an impression on her. To me it felt like there were much more food options this time around although most of them were sweets.

Not sure if I'll be attending another show any time soon but it was fun to browse around since we don't go to Anime North anymore (and it's crazy how the weather was just so awful that weekend too. Never in all my AN history did I experience rain and wind like that in May, usually the weather is very favourable. For once I didn't feel too much FOMO for missing it). Anyway that's all for this post. Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment