Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

Real Life or Virtual? How about both!


Two movies I really want to see right now (adding onto the already lengthly list of movies I must see) are Fantastic Mr. Fox and Where The Wild Things Are...

I saw the trailers for both of them when I went to see the 6th Harry Potter and... I instantly knew that I just had to see them. I almost forgot about them, had the newspaper not reminded me today... xD;;

It turns out that both these movies have something in common - they were both filmed using real life puppets AND computer generated images. That fact made me want to see the films even more 'cause usually nowadays, it's all about the special effects and all that fancy computer stuff... ;)

Actually, Fantastic Mr. Fox reminded me of those shows I used to watch when I was little, like Pingu (more recently, movies like Chicken Run and Wallace & Gromit), that looked as though they were made with plasticine (claymation/stop-motion) I used to love looking at those picture books that had scenes made out of plasticine, too. It was like I could touch them... but I couldn't. XD Hmm... maybe that was what sparked my interest in playing with clay as a hobby... even up to today...

I was even lucky enough to make a claymation film in a group project for school, and it was a lot harder than I imagined... But it was VERY fun and I learned a lot. I wouldn't mind making another claymation film some day as a personal side project thing... if only I had the time...

Anyway, I never knew that these two movies were actually based on children's stories... but when I saw the trailer for Where The Wild Things Are, I got this really weird spine-tingling nostalgic feeling like I've see it before... lol. And for some reason, I feel like this movie has a pretty dark meaning, even though it looks so harmless.

The soundtrack was produced by the leadsinger of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, one of my favourite bands, makes me like this movie a lot more... XD I've listened to it and so far, I'm in love with it. <3 br="br">
Really, these movies make me want to be a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment