So I apologize, this isn't a very Christmasy or festive looking photo, but I made it... I made the gingerbreads in time!!! *happy* Despite the fact that Myles wouldn't look up at the camera and looks kinda hunched over... I am glad they have some cookies to pose with. :'D
My Christmas tree is very erm... old and is worse for wear, really... so that's why there are no photos of it. (But I did at least make the effort to put it up and decorate it--unlike last year)
The little gingerbread cookies--the bodies are made from polymer clay, the decorations from resin clay and the icing is modelling paste. The shape is wrong and the color I think is a bit too dark (that's what I get for not looking at refs ><...) so it's back to the drawing board for me!
In case you are curious I used a mold to make the shapes. At first I thought using molds was cheating... but in this case I sculpted the original piece myself. It really helps with making duplicates of things faster, like with cookies (I have no metal bits on hand to make mini cutters). But even with the use of the mold, I still had to fix up the shape of each cookie so in the end, no two are really exactly alike if you look closely (or maybe I'm just using the mold wrongly, lol)
Unrelated, but I picked up some interesting new candies at the supermarket again. :D I'm always lured in by cute packaging! But the Pokemon one is for nostalgia's sake I suppose--I can only name one Pokemon on the package-Pikachu. XD The other candy I thought was konpeito at first but it's some colourful ice-cream like candy I think??
I really thought I'd have more time to make all the festive things I wanted for my dolls and other miniatures! Where did all my time go??! (T▽T)

Merry Christmas to you! At first looking at the pictures I though the gingerbread man were real lol
ReplyDeleteSuch cool gingerbread men, and that mold-maker seems very handy! I wish I too had time to make more miniature stuff (or even clothes) for my dears, but indeed, time flies too quickly... T^T
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! ^o^