First, the information about Doll North (bjd convention/marketplace/event inside Anime North) is already up on DoA! It happens in May next year. I dropped by the marketplace once in 2010 when it was held at the DoubleTree, but I didn't go last year 'cause I was too lazy to take the shuttlebus to the other hotel and plus I was busy at my Crafters table... I've had the thought of getting a table at the doll marketplace before to sell handmade things, but I'm not too sure if people are interested in my sort of style >_<;; and plus I don't wanna guard a table all by myself (kinda don't know much people who're into the hobby in my area... orz||)
But the reason I'm more pumped is because there are themes!! Apparently last year's theme was Studio Ghibli, and I missed it. Voting is currently open over in the Doll North news thread to pick the animation studio to be the theme. GAINAX is one of them!!!! (゜∀゜) I think they're my favourite studio out of all the choices listed. I just love their raw, edgy style. I swear if GAINAX is the chosen theme I will make all my dolls cosplay as characters from Gurren Lagann!! XD I love works from Studio Bones too. However, I have a feeling that CLAMP & Square Enix are gonna win, due to the popularity of their works in North America. I wonder if Code Geass will be allowed since technically CLAMP did the character design yet it was animated by Sunrise. Geass is also one of my all-time favourites but... it's just not TTGL. Haha, look at me go on and on about anime...! I've watched my fare share throughout the years. (In fact I'm gonna go catch up on more series after this post...ehe) Anyway. What was I talking about again? LOL ;;

Alrighty~ here is some more Yukio spam. He got into a bit of an accident so... no glasses for the mean time.
I need some better content for comic-photostories, I know ><...

Mishka gets to the wear the glasses now :D They go with his jrock/emo deliquent look. (His shirt was a freebie I got today with an MSD outfit I bought off the MP... really random lol) This wine coloured wig is from Crobidoll and is one of my favourites because of the dual fibers. :>
Lastly, I *MUST* share this outfit produced by Little Monica (another Korean bjd company--there's a lot out there--too many for my poor wallet -.-)

Snowman outfit...!!! So effing cute... =A=;;;... I love how it has no arm holes and it's all roly-poly..
It reminds me of the matryoshka Volks outfit I posted before. Somehow I tend to like stuffing my little ones into these huge body-suit type outfits hahah. Too bad by the time I saw it on the site, it was already sold out! :( I have a feeling Christmas will be long gone when it will be re-stocked so I guess I'll just stare/silently lust after it, lol. ==
But seriously, I wouldn't mind some snow right now. A light dusting is fine. It's mid-December and the grass outside is so very green! I don't believe this, Canada!

Um....LOVE THAT WIG. *JEALOUSSSSSS* lol Oh yeah, my sister said if you ever do another Crobidoll order, she wants in.
ReplyDeleteI might go to Doll North next year, it usually happens on the Sunday right? Since I'm not going to be getting a table this year for the CC, maybe I'll check it out :)
That snowman outfit....is really amusing. *Stares at it* I want to poke it o_o LOL
WAIT!! WHAT?! I WANT THAT SNOWMAN OUTFIT! LOL
ReplyDeleteI totally love that bear-in-Yukio-pocket look! It's just too adorable! *dies of the cute*! XD
The event seems fun but sadly it's way too far for me LOL!
Yukio is so cute! XD I want to poke his cheeks ><
ReplyDeleteI don't know why but that wig and glasses remind me of Mana from Malice Mizer lol XP o, nice freebie shirt too ^^
@Machiko Depending on what your sister wants, i might still have room in my crobidoll doll order if she wants to order