Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Birthday

Hello~~!! It feels like I haven't blogged for a long time! >__<;; Nothing much was happening... Just studying and working at school :( I do have some TaoBao and Etsy hauls I did last year that I still need to get around to reviewing... soon! Anyways, today was my birthday :D Yesterday I went to Vaughn Mills and did some shopping. I didn't plan on buying anything but there was a One's store and... ugh I couldn't resist. ><;; I hoarded quite a random bunch of cute stickers. My excuse was that I needed to use them for the packages I send out :P


Puffy food stickers~


The Engrish telling you how to use the stickers... xD

On a recommendation from a friend, I decided to get my birthday cake from Nakamura Bakery at J-Town (this small Japanese shopping centre in town). I couldn't resist getting some single slices to try, too. The green one is azuki green tea (it had a red bean paste layer on the bottom, overall not too sweet) and a strawberry mango shortcake slice (the fruits were sweet and fresh!)

This was the actual birthday cake, a white chocolate mousse with ... something else which I forgot XD But the centre had a chocolate/coffee layer, which made the whole thing taste like tiramisu to me... I would like to try some of their other pastries too since they had such pretty danishes and breads, including melon pan! The cakes reminded me of what I would get in Chinese/Hong Kong styled bakeries but the portions are smaller and the decorations are more simple, like what you would get in a French patisserie (but I've never been in one... so I wouldn't know, but umm I'm not quite sure how to describe it!)

I'm not into throwing elaborate parties for my birthdays so... that was that, and now I'm another year older! =o=;;


Lastly, a new flavour of gum I tried last week: strawberry shortcake. There was an apple pie flavour too, but I didn't get it. This gum is very sweet and artificial tasting, but not too bad I guess. :)

Hope you all have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY! Sorry didn't get to wish it to you on facebook, but we had a mass migration to go through coming back from our trip. :)

    BTW, project spandex has officially started off. I've bought all the 'support' I need for it in London. LOL Now for the suit... XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS! :D Lol. Project spandex XD I still need to get my costume but omg this is gonna be epic!!!

      Delete
  2. OMG I am LATE. but... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! \(>w<)/ May your "new year" be a smooth-sailing and wonderful one! And... stay safe (from BJDs) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *rushes in super late* HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY! Eeeek, been in a whirlwind of madness. That cake looks delicious! Azuki green tea...yuummmmmm.

    I'm pretty much all set for project...ganguro? LOL, I don't know what to call it! But I bought all the necessary fabric. We will be EPIC. So get your project schoolgirl ready too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess!! ;D Ganguro??! LOLOL..SHHH ABOUT PROJECT SCHOOLGIRL! >o<

      Delete